Not-so-legendary bow

Sunwell didn’t need to. Current game does. Current game already does that by having the different difficulties drop different levels of loot. You should be able to upgrade the legendary if you got it on normal and proceeded to start doing the harder difficulties. If you start on the higher difficulties, it should not force you to start with the normal version of the bow.

It’s a hilariously bad idea considering it works against the basic concept of risk vs reward. If you’re doing the harder content, you should not be given inferior loot, period.

5 Likes

I cant really tell becoz I dont know how Wailing Arrow works. But if Wailing Arrow would silence mobs 100% all the time… even 80%, I would like to have it. It would be a weapon sent from heaven on Mythic+ where I would use it mostly as I wont depend on freaking PuGs anymore on interrupts as most of my games are Mythic+.

I dont really look for it as DPS upgrade as I know more likely that I would have ilevel 252 regular range weapon first before I would get a fully full-grown Sylvanas bow.

I may not even get the normal difficulty version either. So my expectation to have it is so very low. But we will see if I would have a good RNG in Shadowlands. So far, I got 2x Range Weapons dropped on me already for Valor upgrade. It’s my first positive RNG so far. We will see. I lay low on BiS especially now that I am just Casual. When I was hardcore, I really struggled to have that Shadowmourne. I had a very strong patience for it. I would just let RNG gods deal it. If I am lucky, I would be lucky. If not lucky, I am fine either way.

It appears this has been reverted and will now drop inline with the difficulty it was obtained in! Thank you for doing the right thing Blizz!

3 Likes

It can drop from LFR as well

Where did you see that it drops in lfr? Up until now its been said that it does not drop in lfr.

3 Likes

MMO champion says it will.

The Adventure Guide doesn’t list it as a drop from LFR, so I’d say MMO Champion is incorrect.

As far as the “Not-so-legendary” argument, I have to agree. The epic weapons for other classes have arguably equal or superior procs, but aren’t considered legendaries. Edge of Night for Rogues and Jaithys for Warriors are incredible weapons with superior proc effects.

Wailing Arrow is okay, but the one minute cooldown means fewer uses and less damage than both of the Warrior and Rogue weapons. The five target silence is situational, but somewhat powerful in the right circumstances.

In my opinion, if RDW is Legendary quality, then so are Jaithys and Edge of Night. This honestly just looks like Blizzard is trying to convince Hunters we got something special without actually making it meaningful. The other issue is the drop rate of RDW is likely significantly lower than the other two weapons - simply because it’s orange.

1 Like

Then don’t join a guild where they use it?

1 Like

Did you even read op’s post and my full response?

What does reading the OP and your full post (his quote was half your post anyway) change? The point is that raiding guilds want to be able to efficiently distribute loot. If you think favouritism and corruption are gone now that there’s no master loot, wait until you learn that guilds still have loot councils with personal loot.

1 Like

I was explaining as to why it is a bad idea for master loot to return, not why I don’t join master loot raids. Hence why I asked if he’s read the post because he’s insinuating the latter.

Well your opinion is wrong, for one, so there’s that. Secondly, what he said directly addresses your point and you’re clearly not understanding that. Your dislike of master loot shouldn’t mean that the game doesn’t have master loot. It should mean that you just shouldn’t join raids that use it.

There are multiple easy fixes for master loot, in my opinion. Have a pop up that you have to agree to, so nobody “doesn’t notice” it was set to master loot for one. And not allowing master loot to be enabled in the middle of a raid without a unanimous vote.

Unfortunately, the removal of master loot is unlikely due to abuse. Blizzard wants to slow down how fast players gear up, because then they burn through content and become bored. Some guilds still do their own version of master loot, but the personal loot system doesn’t allow you to trade loot that is an item level upgrade - even if it’s not good for your toon.

1 Like

Bunch of cry babies, literally bis wep and you have to run the higher difficulty to upgrade. Totally fair. It’s the best feeling knowing you don’t have to worry about replacing your weapon for the rest of the patch.

The problem was on 9.1 launch you would kill Sylvanas on Heroic and you would get the Normal mode version and have to farm the upgrade item on Heroic. This has now been fixed though.

Also it’s comparatively weaker than the epic weapons other classes get.

2 Likes

How is it weaker? Great stats, awe dps and damage on it. With a silence. Super sick. It having stats plus an ability makes it better than the 1h weps with abilities and no stats.

The effects the melee weapons give for melee classes are generally better. Remember, Wailing Arrow is a 2-second immobile cast with a 1 minute CD.

2 Likes

The bow’s effect doesn’t even compare to the procs on Jaithys and Edge of Night. Less damage, usable less often and the silence is situational.

The bow is Legendary-In-Name-Only, because Sylvanas is known for her bow. That’s why they gave Hunters the quiver as well, which has an arguably better effect than the bow. It takes both the bow and the quiver to equal Jaithys and Edge of Night for Warriors and Rogues.

2 Likes

I would think that if you win the RNG and get the bow in Normal, and then defeat Sylvanas in Heroic or Mythic, the upgrade drop should be auto. I mean, you’ve already won the RNG to get the bow in the first place! It’s like you’re paying the tax twice.

3 Likes

I think in Beta it was doing far more so they Nerfed it Maybe they should undo this now were live as its obviously under performing. Not that it matters I have neither the Spires bow {Not for lack of attempts} or the Sylvie bow I got the Heroic Soulrent Outriders Recurve Bow with +65 avoidance so I am doin ok