Not-so-legendary bow

Blizzard,

Please revert this convoluted system of lowering hunter gear that drops from heroic/mythic down to normal ilvl. This decision goes directly against your loot philosophy as it will now punish players who have earned a 233 from M+ or selected a weapon from the great vault by making it eligible to be traded. This is the most iconic hunter weapon since Thori’dal, the Stars’ Fury in Sunwell Plateau and drops from arguably the pinnacle hunter fight in terms of fantasy… This is not ‘just letting loot be loot’…

P.S. can we just go back to master loot?

-Lilshooter

2 Likes

The way they are handling this legendary bow is one of the most pants-on-head stupid decisions to come out of sytemlands. Which is obviously saying a lot.

This expansion has made me question my devotion to this game more than ever before. And it is nonsense like this that is to blame.

3 Likes

I agree with the bow statemrlent but bringing master loot back is a terrible decision… I haven’t been in mythic raids when it was around but coming from classic, master loot is very susceptible to corruption and favoritism.

11 Likes

Master loot = me unsubbing, seriously. I aint letting others dictate my gear.

There are quite a few posts about the bow being subpar, and quite frankly, its a pretty bad legendary. At best, it’s an epic, being not even close to legendary standards.

4 Likes

It drops on Normal Raid, right? What’s this whining? It didnt drop from his first Sylvanas kill and now it’s time to whine?

Some stuffs drop from Mythic+ and some stuffs drop on Raid. The better player would do both. Why is a player who cant devote time wants easier path?

BTW, the game doesnt promise everyone that you could get your BiS gear. You would get some BiS but not all. I am expecting whines from hereon. LOL.

Master Loot? NO WAY. No PuG would steal my loot. Their tricks on Classic where they gave the BiS item to their girlfriend wont happen here. Cry more. It wont happen.

2 Likes

You didnt understand the problem. The problem is that if you kill Sylvanas on Heroic AND get lucky to get the bow to drop, it will only drop on normal quality.
You will then have to get the rng AGAIN to drop a token from Heroic Sylvanas, after you already got it to drop. There is a double barrier of rng before you can get the bow on heroic, even if you drop it all from heroic. The bow is far from being powerful enough to warrant such an unnecessary barrier.

Thank god this cant ever happen, even with master loot. Noone can force you to join a group that uses it.

4 Likes

That’s not what they are saying though. They are saying if you do the raid on heroic or mythic and kill Sylvanas, and the bow happens to drop, it still drops at normal raid level quality. You have to hope an additional item drops from her that will increase the item level of the bow.

So, even if you put in the work needed for heroic or mythic and get the bow, you may not be awarded appropriately for the difficulty and may instead get something below Ilevel for the content you did.

There’s a reason why it’s legendary. It’s harder to get than a regular epics. It’s legendary when you upgrade it to above ilevel 233. And legendary means harder to get. What’s wrong? Becoz people want easier path? It’s always like that.

I have a question. If we do get that legendary bow, we could still wear our regular rank 5 / rank 6 Soul Cinder legendary, right? We can wear 2 legendaries.

1 Like

Previous legendaries usually included quest lines and other forms of timegating. And once you got the legendary, it was already the best it could be.

If I’m not mistaken, this is the first legendary whether it be through drop or quest line, where it’s still reliant on a different drop to he worthwhile.

That’s frustrating. It’s not people being lazy. It’s wanting to be appropriately rewarded for your efforts without having to please the RNG gods twice.

8 Likes

Recent people are just so spoiled. I remember Shadowmourne. It took me more than 30 weeks after getting my Shadow’s Edge. You thought Legendary is easy. This legendary bow is harder to make than our regular Soul Cinder Legendary.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

I’ve been playing since a month after launch. And yes, I remember Shadowmourne.

Do you think this is a good thing? Not everything that was done previously was always a good thing. And to be clear, we haven’t had a legendary before that was tied to RNG twice.

Edit: I guess, I’d rather you explain why this is a good idea, rather than just insulting people claiming they are being lazy or spoiled.

8 Likes

It’s easy to handle it. Dont expect that you would have it. Just do your stuffs. And when you get lucky, you get lucky. That’s how it is. It’s hard to get it. You have to repeatedly kill Sylvanas. And killing Mythic Sylvanas wont be easy. Farming her to kill her every week is not an easy task. But some would get lucky.

1 Like

So it’s comparable to legendaries like the bow in Sunwell, yes?

The one only had one RNG (it dropping). This one has two (it dropping, and the upgrade item dropping).

I’m not claiming legendaries should be easy to get. I’m claiming that the extra layer of RNG is unnecessary. You can have it still be very difficult to obtain with most people being completely unable to obtain it without the added layer of randomness.

2 Likes

That would be on the slower end of aquisition. Additionally, once you had that weapon, it was the best you could have. Hands down bis and the cause of much frustration in the arena. You wouldnt have to figure out if some NHC-weapon might still be better than Shadowmourne, cause it was a legendary. It was the best you could have.

Now, if i have the great luck of dropping the bow, it will go straight into my bank, because i currently have a 239 bow. I now have to kill Heroic Sylvanas multiple times to get the rng again. By that time its very likely that i will get a 252 weapon from mythic or from the vault.
With what im currently simming, i will then be able to put the heroic legendary back into my bank again. Only if i manage to kill Sylvanas mythic. Not only once, but as many times as my rng dictates, will i be able to use it no doubt.

So, for the majority of the time, if i even get it, it will sit in my bank and be useless. Does this sound like a reasonable state for a legendary to be in?

5 Likes

You are belittling that legendary. As if Wailing arrow is useless. If you’re not creative, good luck.

And what you have in your bank is a baby weapon. Of course, it would sit in the bank. Just treat it that you dont have the legendary weapon yet. When you have the real Legendary, then you wield it.

Most people who got their Shadowmourne has killed Arthas many times before they were able to wield it.

And if you dont like it, just give it to me when it drops.

1 Like

Youre dodging the point. Shadowmourne was a real legendary. It was the best weapon to have. If you had it, you had your best weapon. I mean, obviously, because its a legendary. There shouldnt be a case where you put a legendary weapon back into your bank.

But this is the case with this bow. Could that ability be useful in maybe one or two raidfights and a few dungeons? Maybe. But this shouldnt be the case for a legendary weapon. If the weapon is truly legendary, it should be hands-down you best weapon and not just in some niche-cases. It shouldnt be an option to put it in your bank because the ability isnt great for the next fight.

If you consider legendaries on the bank a good state of things, we definetely disagree on that.

5 Likes

Master loot was horrible and I’m glad it’s gone.

2 Likes

There are a few things being discussed:

1. No one wants an easy path to a legendary.
  2. It’s BAD service to players to receive a normal weapon in a heroic or mythic raiding.
  3. It’s WORSE to rely on more rng to upgrade the weapon.
  4. Blizz has never created good hunter legendaries.
  5. The new bow’s worth is no where near high enough to warrant having to farm slyvanas.
  6. Yes, I said it, for a legendary, the on use spell: garbage, not even going to color coat it.
  7. Does the weapon “empower” as you get the upgrade things? Nope, just ilvl. Which means it’s crappy standing in the first place doesn’t get any better.
  8. If you don’t believe me, look back at all the class specific legendaries, not the ones when everyone got em, and compare it with the new bow. The new one is garbage. The looks are garbage too. You can tell they put very little effort into it.
  9. Master looter. No reasonable person who has less then 5 yrs with their current guild wants it back. Yes it puts others in charge of your loot. No I won’t listen to you say “it’s not how it works.”
8 Likes

And how would it be if Sunwell had multiple layers of difficulty?

You really are rapid-firing bad takes onto the forums lately, aren’t you?

Being able to upgrade the legendary makes sense. Having the Normal version drop on all difficulties and requiring both upgrade levels is nonsense. Why can’t Heroic Sylvanas drop the Heroic version? No other item in the game works this way. It makes zero sense. And no, it doesn’t magically make sense because this item is legendary. If anything that makes less sense because you’d think a legendary would be a major upgrade right away and not have another layer of grinding after getting it.

As for Master Loot, see my response below.

We can’t know, but there’s no other case in the game where you get an item on Heroic that’s at Normal level and requires more grinding just to ugrade it to Heroic level. It’s a nonsensical system. Heroic raids should drop Heroic loot exclusively.

Actually, plenty of reasonable people want it back. Most raiders I know and popular WoW personalities want it back. The reason is serious raiding guilds are going to have a loot council system no matter what. Being able to distribute loot in a way that benefits the raid the most is an obvious strategy of any organised raiding team. You guys seem to be under the impression that removing master looter ended this practice. It didn’t. We just distribute loot via trading personal loot; so it’s just added an unnecessary layer/obstacle on top and changed nothing for guilds. It’s especially bad if an item is given to one person, it’s a minor upgrade (if at all), it’s a major upgrade to another raider, yet we can’t redistribute it because it was an item level upgrade.

I understand not wanting to deal with master looter in pugs, but the game is already able to distinguish whether or not a group is a guild group and I see no harm in allowing guild groups to use master looter and having personal loot everywhere else.

5 Likes