Not receiving gold for sold auctions

I’m making gold off the new AH, and continuing to use TSM.

Maybe you just don’t know how to use the 8.3 AH?

Did you know that the latest to post an auction is the lowest priced (anchor weed / herb)?

1 Like

Source for said bug?

You need to fact check your statements and stop believing everything that you read on the internet.

Ask someone at blizzard.

2 Likes

Oshuni, would you have noticed if a chunk of your sales never sent you mail with the gold in it?

I’m curious if high volume sellers saying they haven’t encountered this problem just haven’t noticed it or are genuinely not experiencing the problem.

5 Likes

Sweetheart, I have so much gold I don’t even know what to do with it. I Know when my stuff is sold. It just disappears and the gold isn’t delivered. Go be condescending somewhere else.

10 Likes

Bug report thread on the forums.

https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/comments/epu5p8/item_posted_on_the_ah_are_being_lost/

WoWeconomy thread about the issue.

I wonder how many people are being affected that don’t even know they lost the gold/items in the first place.

I suspect we’re going to see more and more reports filter in as people realize.

5 Likes

I check several times a day, and run a CancelScan of my auctions to see if i’ve been undercut…

The /r/woweconomy & TSM Discord is terrific, but thus far, i haven’t been affected…

Awful lot of Scarlet Crusade remnants in the auction house these days. Something about purging heretics.

did you even read the first sentence of the post, or did you just skim it then immediately go to sperging out?

There was a hotfix earlier today that completely screwed people out of gold, They sold items and nothing shown up in their mailbox from those sales.

9 Likes

I understand the concept of how people make gold. I’m asking if you had sold 893 items for 423,382g, would you notice if Blizzard sent you mails that only covered 794 items and 392,743g? Or would you just see items disappearing and gold accruing and assume you got paid for the items that sold?

In other words, do you double-check you actually got paid what you think you got paid?

3 Likes

I wonder how many people are claiming to’ve lost things and putting in tickets to Blizzard, but in fact are poor and jumping in on the bandwagon hoping to get a payout, all due to this bug…

Bugs, during patch week on a major part of the game? Unheard of!

For that person that posted that they’re out over 100k… lol. Maybe they’re new to patch days, but then again, it’s good to be cautious with major systems and expect the unexpected.

The irony in this post is overwhelming.

Where’s the irony? I canceled all my auctions when I saw what was happening. I had over a million gold worth of items on the AH.

I can see that you’re coming to the thread late, so perhaps you’re unaware that systems first hit the PTR before going live.

And even then, nothing major ever works perfectly. It’s the nature of patch days.

But yeah, must be me “sperging out”.

This isnt a quest being bugged, a mob not spawning or some crazy faulty number tuning, people are losing thousands if not millions, this can actually effect economies, sure some people may be hopping on the train, but im willing to bet most complaints are true.

5 Likes

Possibly, but it’s difficult to weed out the chaff from the grain, and so they’ll have to take down the servers and do their best to ensure that the AH is working as it should be…

We can all only guess what the issue could be.

As for everyone with inventory on the AH, best to take a lot of it down and keep it in your mailbox for a week… inventory’s good in the mailbox up to 30 days.

Personally i havent posted anything, i have bought some items and had no trouble receiving, but i stuck with my gut and avoided putting anything up initially because i just wasnt sold on the new AH.

People are rightfully mad and deserve to be upset with how 8.3 launched, Ion even said they were able to take in more feedback and get things better prepared due to the lengthy 8.3PTR

5 Likes

If you have ever played on the PTR almost no one uses that auction house. What they needed to do is a focused testing over a few days and encourage everyone to post everything they had in their bags/bank on the characters they transferred over and monitor that and they did not.

So no the auction house was not really tested.

I actually am surprised they even decided to introduce the ah in the middle of an expansion because of the above. They are totally out of touch.

1 Like

I was so excited for the new AH too . Figures…

2 Likes

I just took all my listings down. Better safe than sorry. I suggest everyone do the same. They managed to break the economy of the game.

4 Likes