Not going to mock those who wanted Blue Eyes

Now if you know me by now if you are a Anti, A Blood Elf Player or anyone who didn’t want a another Elven Race in WoW. If I was in the state what was in those years ago back in 2017 to 2019 and well now. I would be going on screaming. “Yay! My 3 Years of Suffering and Madness has finally come to a end!” Something like that.

Truth is. Now not really. Not now Not Ever or anything what I was back then. As much as I really wanted to have Pure High Elves on the Alliance as their own Playable Race. I’m not going to be that spiteful, hateful, mocking person to others who wanted to have Blue Eyes for Blood Elves as their own way of being a High Elf who survived the Scourge Invasion and was pretty much their own thing or maybe just wanted to have different eye colors that is green in terms of variety.

So for those who are very upset, sad, and well probably going through a depression of this. I feel very bad for you folks and I am sorry Blue Eyes was rejected. Maybe someday this could be turned around and all players who wanted to be a High Elf can get that wish through Blue Eyes of Blood Elves and of course Void Elf Options or Half Elves for short. I hope Blizzard plans on staying with the Datamined files for those who wanted to be a Silvermoon High Elf who left the Alliance and as their own Elven Race in terms of the Arcane Magic.

I hope you guys are doing well and of course I hope you guys get what you want when the pre-patch comes. Again I do feel bad for those who wanted Blue Eyes. I myself wouldn’t mind seeing players be happy atleast on the Blood Elf Side.

Can we stop the blue eyes madness

1 Like

Ok. I mean I wanted to tell those who are upset and tell them I feel bad for them and I also hope they get what they want when the pre-patch comes.

To be honest, I mainly wanted them to stop the whole back and forth. Lacryma having Green eyes makes sense, but so would her having blue eyes. I can spin a RP story a billion ways while staying lore-compliant. That’s what you do when your a RPer.

That being said, one thing that simply is not healthy is the fixation on something you will never have. Nor is the screeching hatred some in the High Elf crowd have when you disagree with them or challenge their arguments.

But most of all continually spamming the forums for a new answer when they have gotten their answer? That can’t be productive. All told, I feel that they should be thankful for Watcher’s candor and honest if not blunt statement.

Don’t they know how hard it is to get a definitive answer out of Blizzard?

As I said to start, I’ve got no skin in the game. But seriously, people should give the thing a rest. :X

2 Likes

This whole thing is kind of crazy. Thing I would like to see in others is atleast for them to be Happy.

Plus also for others to Truly be what they want in terms of Rp and well also having options that makes them happy. Right now things are not really going so well and I hope for those who do want to have different eye colors and well Blue Eyes in General on their Blood Elf Characters. I hope Blizzard can turn this around and well everyone can be happy.

I hope they DON’T give it. Breaking lore for aesthetic choices isn’t okay.

What’s next? Eredar Draenei? Fel Elf Blood Elves?

No. Blue Eyed High Elves are on the Alliance.

We don’t need anymore dang threads.

I was hoping for a lore reconciliation of high elves reuniting with blood elves under a purified sunwell, more than anything.

3 Likes

Im calling it now Blizzard adds a quest for blue eyes later on think nightelf quest line ext.

1 Like

Here’s the problem though, they said 14 years ago this was how it was going to be. While I get the desire to play a High Elven Ranger (heck Lacryma’s backstory discusses her actions in the Second War, and I’d of probably never gone Horde if the option had existed)… Blizzard has stuck to their guns and even given a concession in the form of Void Elves.

I mean that was pretty decent on their parts, as they could of done it way different. Alleria could of gone Horde and Turalyon Alliance. That would of been a perfect tragedy that upheld the dual factions otherwise.

But instead they gave you a Elvish hero and even further created lore to explain her new following. Sadly even though Blizzard did all of this work? People are not grateful, but rather angry.

That’s sad, and thus it leads me to believe that the people invested into High Elves will never be happy unless Blizzard literally capitulates on this and gives them everything they demand. That then will make a lot of players who made the choice to go Horde feel like they stuck it out for no reason.

This is a major reason I always say “Cut the remaining High Elves off from the Sunwell, and force them to sate their addiction by becoming Void Elves.” Then give them a out of combat form, sort of like the “Two Forms” racial the Worgen employ. That seems the best solution to this long-term. Void Elves can look pretty out of combat, but the minute combat triggers, the shadow overtakes them as they let their inner darkness out.

One major thing people always wrongly label in fantasy is this trope.

Light = Good.
Darkness = Bad.

Darkness and shadow are not the same as evil. Light is not always absolutely good. As we saw with Yrel, X’era, and the Scarlet Crusade? Too much light can also be very, very bad. Heck just look at FFXIV for perfect example of what Void Elves ‘could’ become by opposing the Light if they embraced a role akin to being warriors of the darkness.

The problem is that it seems like most people just want a pale skinned elf princess to stand around and look pretty as, and if they have any crippling flaws like mana addiction, cultist leanings, dubious sanity, void corruption, or really anything that sets them apart from being perfect in every way; the selfsame individuals proceed to have a hissy fit.

We’re not Warhammer Eldar, and we don’t have an Everqueen. We’re descendants of the Highborne. I’m sorry if folks don’t like that, but it’s Blizzard’s lore, not our’s. Even if players completely dislike things like Sylvanas’ story we still must accept it one way or another.

Remember what Mark Hamill said about the new Trilogy? “I might disagree, but they are the ones with the keys to the kingdom.” That’s the same basic situation that applies to High Elves. Folks might disagree, but this is Blizzard’s ship to pilot to a safe harbor or crash into an iceberg.

2 Likes

Hope you’re doing well, Bryian.
I’m a bit confused to what Ion actually means, I’m still going to ask for blue eyes and want more explanation for what he meant.

1 Like

I would be totally down for the “worgen” thing you were talking about. It would be AMAZING.

Hey Star.

I’m sorry if the News upsets you. Given our Past History. I hope you guys get what you want. Also everyone else as well. I want people to be happy and have themselves a good time.

1 Like

If we remove all elfs and make them become worgen and give them blue eyes, problem solved.

I’m not upset, but disappointed if this is a permanent no. I was anticipating that it was datamining so wasn’t putting too much hope in it, but I didn’t really like the full glowy blue anyways. I wanted less glow and was still hoping for that. We’ll see what happens and I hope there is more lore explanation too.
I hope you’re finding happiness in your life. :heart_eyes_cat:

Down puppy! :dog: :newspaper_roll:

1 Like

And yes, regardless of where we sit on the debate I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy in these trying times. Frankly we’re lucky we’re able to come here and even discuss things like this all in all. It could be a thousand times worse.

:heart: you all.

4 Likes

Thanks these are very good ideas you have. I mean basically You do get to keep the Tattoos while in Void Elf. Just basically the Two Form Feature that the Worgens got you know turn from White to Blue or Brown to Purple or Gray or Dark Black. Something like that in the Void Elf Options for the race.

I also hope that everyone stays safe and healthly as well. Sooner that the Coronavirus is gone. The Better the World will be in peace.

I feel like both sides should get blue eyed elves. Horde and Alliance. By now, seeing as high elves live in Silvermoon again, some have probably joined up with the Horde.

That, or give Alliance some new high elf model so it’s not just copy-paste.