Not getting anything in a Raid feels bad

You’re not wrong, however I am sure this was posted in the hopes that maybe the devs take notice and look into changing things.

Considering this is a video game, I would think the end goal would be having fun. For some, this is raiding with friends/guildies and for others this would be collecting gear for whatever purposes. ( transmog, character power, etc )

I fall in the second category ( and I am certain there are far more that I won’t pretend to know about ) as I collect transmog. I also enjoy the ambience of raids and it’s an interesting way to tell a story as far as I am concerned.

Perhaps deterministic loot along with random drops from bosses and the random reward from the vault is the answer.

The MMO model is losing in popularity so it might be time to look into revamping the genre ( breathing new life into it ) in some way that benefits all people enjoying a hobby.

2 Likes

should have a currency drop per boss that you can use after killing say 3 that gives a 441 item of choice
and each difficulty the vendor raises ilvl accordingly

This week was cursed for me. I lost probably close to a dozen tier rolls across my alts and on trinkets too.

Yet I feel like either one of my toons I haven’t raided with yet will get everything or next week it will balance itself out.

1 Like

Has anyone mentioned a catalyst that now gives tier and viable dungeon drops from keystone dungeons with the upgrading fragments you get… oh look, mom, i got something for participating!

1 Like

I feel that’s why the Great Vault was introduced. You may not get anything from the instance itself, but you do get something from the Vault next reset. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

Ikr!

It’s like everyone forgot that getting tier back in the day would take sometimes months :joy:

2 Likes

Between the great vault, catalyst, and crafted gear I feel like you can gear pretty fast if you somehow never won a single roll all season.

1 Like

I was feeling the same way after running LFR again. I used to be a “hardcore” raider but stopped doing it because I was honestly disappointed how gearing works. Started LFR for mog only to be hit with getting nothing again after sitting through wipes on bosses…doesn’t feel good at all.

Really started to make me question the value of my time. Not that I regret playing WoW in the past or anything…but times are changing and the reward just isn’t worth the effort anymore, imo.

Never raiding again I did the raid on 3 characters today and got nothing all 3 times.

I’d prefer to get stuff I need actually, being force fed the same trinket and rings every week is such BS that the tokens are the only good option

Times have changed to dump gear on players like Niagara falls compared to the golden days of wow. It’s wild to me that people expect to be getting something every raid when the amount of loot that drops doesn’t even work out.

Obviously if you don’t feel like it’s worth your time then it is what it is, but even just for transmog, you don’t even have to go in the raid to get it now. That’s a solid upgrade.

I feel your pain OP, three weeks of LFR and only one drop.

If only I could use my lucky dwarven dice to roll…/smh

1 Like

I have said this before but unfortunately getting loot is just dumb luck. This week I got two loot items and other weeks I got nothing. It all comes to luck

More loot needs to drop. 1 piece per 5 people is not okay for a raid boss. And every play that times a key should get an item. The loot tables are too big and gear takes too long to get

1 Like