Not getting anything in a Raid feels bad

Pray to RNJesus more because Blizzard isn’t going to help you.

1 Like

Mog is the only reason I go being more powerful is great but I only chase the mogs I like.

lfr is pug only

1 Like

I know but you got to vent sometimes and hope they’ll hear you one day.

Well, tier sets have never been so easy to get. It’s a great time for mogs.

Wait, you’re telling me raid drops loot?

Whoa, I had no idea. I certainly never get any lol

2 Likes

RNG as a gear acquisition strategy has always sucked. You should get a defined amount of “gear currency” from killing a boss, and when you have enough currency you just buy the piece you need. Then start saving for your next priority purchase.

The Game Director’s notion that RNG provides a moment of elation for those that win pales in comparison to everyone else in the raid (or dungeon) that had a moment of disappointment. They should move to currencies for all gear that is currently “random drop” out of both M+ and Raid. World boss gear loot should likely also be a currency to eventually buy what you’re after.

They can pace the currency acquisition rate to match their desired time-played metrics so nobody gears up “too quickly.” I’ve no clue why they don’t just go ahead with that (they had it before with Valor currency in Cata to buy gear and they dropped it the next expansion for “reasons”?).

4 Likes

Valor was capped in cataclysm bro.

Similar to crests and flight stones now.

m+ can be infinitely farmed.

People will buy everything currency related in 3 days flat.

If you remove the RNG and cap the currency to prevent this.

People will just log out and stop playing til reset.

Which is essentially back to raid logging.

We’ll just call it…m+ logging. :dracthyr_shrug:

ive rolled 2s, 7s, 5s, etc. it sucks.

1 Like

In another thread people say they win raid loot so easily and frequently they purposely go there to win items then try and sell them to make money (which is scummy).

It doesn’t. It I only gives relief if it does occur. My gearing in raid usually comes from being traded an item because no one else needs it anymore.

My first tier item won in raid when tier came back to the game came at the end of last season as a greed roll when it was literally not needed by anyone else. I have never won a tier token in raid otherwise.

At least you can catalyze items now to get pieces of your tier.

or m+ and maybe yank one out of a vault.

Before SL if you didn’t win you just outright didn’t get tier at all.

Raiding was much more stingy when it came to tier before

1 Like

That’s how I have to get it yes. Before SL, it was traded when people didn’t need it. I always got pity gear cause I can’t win anything.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you’re experiencing that.

I truly hope the dice gods bless your rolls and you get the satisfaction of winning gear.

I’m just happy they added other ways to get it, for other people in the same situation as yourself.

:sob:

1 Like

Oh I’m used to it by now. It’s my experience for the entirety of my time in game when I started raiding back in Naxx (Wrath)

It only got better when we had badges to buy stuff from a vendor lol

2 Likes

…that’s not a lovely experience at all.

Your mental fortitude is strong haha

1 Like

It’s much more fun winning it than it is grinding currency imo.

Shoot, we go to work to currency grind every day. If games are going to be the same, might as well do more work and have real $ to show for it.

1 Like

I’d at least get upgrades of I got currency to buy gear. Right now I have to wait for leftovers. I’ll be waiting a while. I only have the vault to give gear until it starts giving me repeats soon

yeah…that shouldn’t happen…
it discourages people from
participation…
and that’s a VERY bad thing.

2 Likes

Insert Bender meme here

But seriously it has gotten better.

Back in the day it was 2 or 3 pieces of loot per 40 players. We never had the weekly chest, which has turned into the vault, which has had the amount of dungeons and raid bosses lowered. And now PVP has completely been changed to not even be in the vault to give open world players a better chance to get loot.

It all has gotten better, not how we want it, but better nonetheless.