Not exactly sure why my friend recieved a 6 month ban

First off, to the OP and the person whose son got affected, I am glad to hear they were overturned

As to the questions at hand, OP your friend was probably not telling the full truth. Or thought the mod was not ban worthy offense, and legit didn’t consider it.

Why. I don’t know. Why do we lie in general? Only that person could answer.

To the person whose son was swept in, I have a few educated speculative answers for your question why him and not you.

Please bear in mind I dont know the answer. I am making educated guesses here as to possibly why.

First off, since bans are not instantaneous, it is possible he grabbed the mod, didn’t like it after playing with it and deleted it. All before your next gaming session.

Or it is possible it has to be launched seperately? So it would only be detected if launched and associated with that account?

Since you never launched it, Warden would not associate it with your account.

Like i said, these are just but two educated possibilities. I have no clue how Warden works, nor the mods that flagged them.

What I do know, however, is that something flagged Warden and that is where the ban came from.

I am glad it was not a blanket ban in the end. Those using it to clip walls, or enlarge BG flags etc absolutely deserve this and more.

However, one thing seems to be clear. Going forward, it appears Blizzard will no longer give a pass on these mod programs

Once again, OP and others that were affected and overturned, I am glad to hear alm is well, now.

2 Likes