Not exactly sure why my friend recieved a 6 month ban

My son was banned last night, and I found it odd they accused him of using exploits, yet my account was not banned. After I tried to get help on forums and people just told me he must be a cheater, and lies to me, he was now unbanned. But…Wouldnt it have affected my account too if it were legit, and this stuff was on the computer? I wasnt banned. I rage unsubbed today instead lol. Though still have time until mid may.

1 Like

Yes he has his own account. I just dont get how they claimed there was some kind of mod, (we have curse addons). His account was banned, and mine was not. His has been overturned tonight, But it seems pretty weird.

1 Like

Doesn’t work like that. Blizzard doesn’t ban just because someone on the forums assumed there was a rule violation. They use their own, quite extensive, internal data for all actions.

I think you’d be surprised how much the owners of a digital service can determine what people are doing on that service.

3 Likes

Well, you are not gonna get a detailed explanation on how the detection systems works (exploiters and hackers would love that), just be happy that they overturned his ban

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

blizz released a statement about this. 6 month bans were issued to everyone detected using the exploit. however, they did not intend to ban people only doing client side model alteration, they just want to give warnings to those people. so those bans were overturned.

1 Like

No they haven’t. :slight_smile: You may have misunderstood what happened in your experiences, as is frequent, but bans don’t happen because of what someone on the forums assumes. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This pretty much destroys your argument since you are doing an awful lot of assuming :slight_smile:

Thank you for that :slight_smile:

So since we dont even know what client side model alteration is, how can one be banned for it? It also doesn’t answer why only one account was banned. If there is mod or software on the computers, wouldnt both be banned? Warnings for what? They dont really say what it is. I have administrator rights on the computers, and I am pretty sure in the last 5 months since it was purchased I have only downloaded 8 steam games, wow and overwatch.

There are a plethora of players who do. You, personally, might not, but Blizzard doesn’t know that. Contrary to popular belief, Blizzard employees are human. To err is to human, and it does occasionally happen. Which is proven with your son’s overturned suspension.

Whatever he was doing to your files looked like the same activity that they doubled-down on yesterday upon first glance. But they can’t take the chance of “what if,” when it comes to keeping their game clean like this, which is what the appeals system is for, after the fact.

2 Likes

I will rephrase my question. Why would my account not be flagged for a ban, but my sons was. If they sent their program to spy, wouldnt it say, oh hey look Adorapriest is using these client things? It just seems strange to have one account banned if there is ‘supposedly’ crap on my new computer.

How do these clients get on your computer if you dont download them?
Better question, we would like to know how to make whatever it is go away. We have done full system scans, and downloaded a malware to clean it. It comes up empty.

Agreed 100% and errors can be forgiven. A bit of transparency, consistency would be awesome :slight_smile:

What is with you and the constant “trust level folks” comments?

You’ve been pretty much borderline trolling in almost every post I’ve seen (on multiple threads). While you haven’t crossed the line yet, at the rate you are going it’s just a matter of time. Are you trying for a forum vacation?

2 Likes

He’s trolling…trying to be coy about it. Report and Ignore him.

4 Likes

Why is this still a thing?

The correct information has been provided. Open a ticket. Not a CS issue beyond providing that direction.

2 Likes

Stop trolling. Your condescending passive aggressive jabs aren’t needed here and don’t help. The correct information has been given here and is the same thing Blizzard will tell you. All you are going to do is get the thread locked and could put your posting privileges in jeopardy. Vrak already had to warn you in one thread you derailed.

1 Like

I am being civil and not breaking rules and offering my opinions and observations. That is all.

You’re being borderline rude and condescending and you make trolling and disparaging comments.

You just do it using a semi-pleasant tone and clean language. It will catch up with you eventually. The blues here aren’t stupid.

3 Likes

No, you have trolled several times blatantly. No worries though,I’ve reported them. Up to the Mods now. Our opinions don’t matter.

2 Likes

Don’t feed him, report and ignore.