Not denting people. Gear or Class?

Wondering if someone can give me some advice on how best to advance. Since hitting 400 ilevel I’m having a lot of fun in BGs. My escapes, survivability, and utility (control) is in a good place as far as I can see.

I can’t seem to do anything to some of these plate wearers and I’m wondering if that’s normal. If it’s not, what do you advise I do next. Still haven’t made it to Mythics so that’s on my list.

1 Like

Mythic plus dungeons is the easiest way to gear .

Ele damage is pretty good , one you get all your essences up and your gear is north of 420 you will do serious damage .

2 Likes

Warriors would probably be the best platewearers you can defeat. They don’t have the defensives to mitigate magic damage like the other two do. Paladins are almost a write-off because they’re ridiculous to deal with: you have to net a minimum of 250% of their HP in damage to kill one. If your gear isn’t good enough to do that, forget it.

It’s normal but abnormal. How many classes can enjoy taking 2.5 times their health pool before going down? I only know a few…

Ret paladin can be kited that’s why, just ignore them and run away from them, they can only catch up to you once or twice.

Depends on the kiting distance. You can’t kite them close to max range because all they have to do is go the other way and get out of your effective range(40 yds for BMs and SVs, 48-65 yds for Marks). But yes, I ignore them most of the time unless I can focus them early and fast. If combat starts with the Ret being in melee range already the L is already being lit up so it’s time to hit the gas.

Ret paladins typically have that one fist of slow down purple debuff, and speed horse, that’s about it, try and mess up those and then the ret only has blessing of freedom to remove any sort of walking around like a penguin

They can also cast Judgment and Blade of Justice at range too. And Cavalier gives them two charges of Divine Steed. Since we’re talking about BGs, a hunter would be somewhat okay. However, if a Paladin can do it, they will still attempt to do a mount-up.

The essences portion is my biggest problem. I’m clawing my way to get the BG one. I’ll plan to do this over the weekend.

Look at other threads. There is an influx of mythic armor into BGs. 400iLvl ain’t gonna make any dent to these people. As per the trolls here you are expected to contribute in other ways to the team such as sapping their priest if you are a rogue. If not rogue you might very well just afk at spawn because that is where you will be most of the time.

At what ilevel do you think a player can contribute in a BG ?

1 Like

It’s essences and the fact that a lot of ppl now have their neck above 65 which gives them the 3rd essence slot and the 3 + 3 stamina buff.

You can contribute at any iLvl. Whether that is consequential is a totally different discussion. So thank you for trolling Captain Obvious.

You are the one crying that you are unable to do anything in BG’s because of mythic geared players… not me

Edit:- Imagine playing the OP melee spec right now and then crying about it. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

And your point is?

I didn’t see that he was trolling - I’m genuinely curious. When can you contribute beyond utility (ilevel I mean).

1 Like

He is trolling. Look at his other posts in other threads. The trolls will lie about iLvl doesn’t matter but these are the same people who got legion templates nerfed because they lost their gear advantage. They are dumb af as well. They will say iLvl doesn’t matter and lower iLvl player should never beat a higher iLvl item player in the same sentence.

Alright, fine. But where is the tipping point on ilevel? e.g. “After 415 you’re damage is a valuable addition to the team”

You have mashed up many things … BTW I do agree that if you have better gear you should have an advantage . This is a progression based game . You progress your character .

I’d agree, but I think it should be based on where you progressed. I shouldn’t be good at Mythic if I don’t do them. You shouldn’t be good in BGs if you don’t do them.

1 Like

The ppl with the good gear in BG’s are those who do both …

What our salty rogue wants is to gimp people who do dungeons and raids by nerfing their gear in BG’s.

1 Like