Not aging well

Continuing the discussion from Bad Luck Protection on Legendary Axe and How It Works:

3 Likes

Ya no its not they did not mention numbers and what improves what. Could be a 1% chance increase could be .5% .25% who knows . Honestly they should be more transparent with drop rates snd things that increase drop rate

4 Likes

getting the legendary is one thing, the cost of making it is another

other than mog, the thing isn’t all that great

1 Like

They should make the next legendary a mythic raid end-boss-only drop and don’t balance classes around it. Problem solved.

2 Likes

Not knowing the specifics on how the Embers actually work is the most frustrating part of all of this.

1 Like

I thought this thread was going to be something else completely.

I was going to be like “Duuuuuude same. I’m only in my 40s and I’m already getting arthritis in my hands.”

7 Likes

Player power is temporary - tmog is forever.

I just want it for the tmog and unique quest line - when / if I get it I’m probably going to take several weeks to get it cause I ain’t dropping 300k + on the AH to get all the mats in a couple days

1 Like

bad luck protection doesnt exist. if it didnt we wouldnt have raids that are 90% plate have 0 drop after killing him weekly for this many weeks. just did it again on my 2nd pally and we had 12 pallys/war/dk counting me and 0 droped. until blizzard comes out and gives a % for the embers theres no proof there is any blp. also knowing blizzard if there is any blp its probably .001% at the most per greater and .00001% for the lessers

Where should legendary capable dps specs fall for you to feel comfortable saying they weren’t “balanced” around the legendary?

It’s aging well, you just don’t understand how math works.

Should just try harder tbh

At least middle of the pack.

So how should the 12ish dps specs below them feel about their tuning?

What are they tuned around?

Making the legendary a mythic end-boss-only drop will keep it rare enough that it won’t affect normal class balance and thus you can effectively pretend it doesn’t exist.

That doesn’t seem related to the comment and the dozen or so specs below them I don’t think care about an item they can’t equip.

They just get gently told they deserve to be lower than legendary capable specs and to stop whining.

I mean at that point might as well make it cosmetic only.

Just think of the token sales when people pay for CE clears for it!

I mean… kinda?

Legendaries should be rare and powerful, but making them too widely or easily available causes the complaints we see on the general forum. Keep them locked behind the hardest content as a reward and incentive to raid the hardest content means they don’t have to balance around them and people won’t feel required to have them.

I didn’t realise you’re still a puppy :grin:

1 Like