"Northrend Adventuring Supplies" - Alchemy market is already dead

i would have rather had gold.

4 dungeons in last night and my bags were nearly full from all the garbage in those adventuring supply bags.

I mean, thats why you save all the bags till the end of your grind to open at once? Like do 10-20 dungeons before going to a vendor and opening them all at once.

I have like 5 haste elixirs.

I’d agree if this was any kind of incentive for tanks/healers to join pugs, but we can just run with our guildies. We were doing this anyway and now we get a reward for it?

Alchemy takes a hit for absolutely zero gain. lulz… :slight_smile:

cry more, i will hard reserve whatever i want in heroics and get my box, you guys wanted this, i wanted rdf

Well, 50 STR pot is 100 AP for warriors/paladins/DKs - and they are basically free.
Flasks are 180 AP. (edit I confused SP vs AP flask, SP flask is 125)

Flasks in Vanilla were a lot more powerful than in TBC. And Flasks in TBC were also a lot more impactful than in Wrath on player power. You decide whether or not it’s work spending 100’s of gold on that extra AP.

Here is an image I found on the web in full Season 8 (Wrathful).
https://imgur.com/a/qhgYHbT - you tell me if this AP will make a difference.

(edited)

AP is a huge deal for Blood, Arms, Combat etc so any extra dipping early on in the expac for them is gonna matter a lot.

pot =/= elixir sherlock

Alchemy is one of my favorite professions.

This is disappointing.

1 Like

No, there’s literally a Haste Elixir. Elixir of Lightning Speed.

I have nine of them so far.

maybe just gold, i feel like it would make badges too trivial to aquire. they could have put crafting reagents instead, with a higher chance of something related to one of your own professions

I coulda just done with gold tbh.
I enjoy professions and playing the market
so even as a healer main, this really sucks.
Imagine ruining an entire profession in a day lol.

Lol it’s true. Luckily TBC stuff is still selling for levelers (water breathing, invis, etc) but the WOTLK market is non-existent. Oh well.

Heroic boxes also give actual Flasks. Not just elixirs.
What’s your hottake on that?

Pretty sure you’ll need more than a couple.

Also the people who don’t get the bag will need them, right?

Edit:

Sounds like the sky isn’t falling after all…

As someone who runs dungeons al day long on 2 characters, I’ve never seen a single blue or epic gem. I have seen a green quality gem drop one time.

Heroics are dropping FLASKS
That’s basically JC equivalent to epic cut gems.

On week 1, flasks on my server are 20g each.

So yes, it is bad. They actually killed Alchemy entirely. The only thing is left is transmute. And to make transmute actually valuable, you need like 10 alchemists for daily cooldown.

3 Likes

I don’t know… I’ve only seen alchemy-related drops since the “hotfix”. so it would seem at least that the drop rates are still skewed heavily towards potions/elixirs. unless I’m that (un?)lucky

Jeeze man, get rid of the flasks in Heroic boxes. Frost Lotus is 3g each and flasks are 10g. Blizzard comes and ruins the economy with their garbage changes. Just give tanks and healers gold, for rep bonus buffs, or anything besides crafted items. Christ, remember when there were studies modeled after the WoW economy back 12 years ago?

I had no idea the bags came from healing/tanking as well, I thought it was just quests that moved your phase along.

This is much worse than I thought, and it’s not going to get better in a few weeks lol… people have a lot of alts to level.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.