None Sing of Broxigar, ONLY Orc Hero of First War

The game has some nods to him, but he specifically needed to be sung about.

Edit: He talked about wanting to be sung about, and the Horde should at least have a massive statue for him in Orgrimmar, and an inn somewhere where they sing about him. Just one.

Even though he was a token orc in a night elf story, he was a GOOD ONE. He and Jarod Shadowsong were phenomenal characters in terms of character growth and depth; they both made me laugh my butt off, personally.

7 Likes

Why though? He probably is sung about anyway. Also he was a hero of the War of the Ancients, not the First War. At least that was his most memorable involvement.

2 Likes

If I have to remember him I would have to remember Rhonin. Some things are best left forgotten.

20 Likes

His name is awful and his primary accomplishments took place in a bizarre time-travel bubble. Why should anyone care?

6 Likes

The song of Broxigar was the wail of pain from Sargeras as he was struck!

Few can do such a song justice.

13 Likes

You’d think that if the night elves had meant a orc prior to the third war the fight in Ashenvale between Grom and the night elves would have never happened

8 Likes

I believe the screaming elves on Teldrassil did it justice.

2 Likes

We had orcs then?

1 Like

It was a really bizarro time-travel plot in the War of the Ancient trilogy written by Richard Knaak that involved Krasus, Rhonin, and Broxigar going back in time to save the night elves from the Burning Legion because I guess they couldn’t do it themselves, and also it gave Knaak a chance to preen over his self-insert Rhonin. Brox was cool… that’s about the only thing the trilogy has going for it.

5 Likes

War of the Ancients seems to be forever linked with travel time. Instead of giving something along the lines of Rise of the Horde, we get a wacky adventure back to the past. In game there’s the Well of Eternity instance in the Cavern of Times with more time-travelling hijinks.

1 Like

+1!!! I love Broxigar. The closest I’ve come to ever being able to play Horde is with Broxigar as inspiration. Strong, smart, courageous, kind, filled with sadness and hope and determination - so much awesome.

6 Likes

Hard to say where the world would be without his efforts.

1 Like

It’s super awkward because it reads as Broxigar having been born in a timeline where the War of the Ancients was fought without time travel involved, that is, a timeline where Azeroth was successful without him, only for him to time travel back and that time travel affecting things so the new timeline was saved thanks to him.

5 Likes

Broxigar sucks. So cringey that they needed to insert him, Rhonin and Krasus into WotA.

5 Likes

His role was supposed to be “secret” i think, cause he dabble with the timelines

but tbh, most of the orc/horde heroes became villains or forgotten anyway.

We still dont know what happened to fenrir after the second war, Nazgrel and Jorin deadeye are frozen in time in TBC with no sign of return and Thura, Saurfang niece, wielder of the Cenarius axe its totally absent of any storyline.

1 Like

You know that orc is a badass when Varok Saurfang introduces himself as “the brother of Broxigar.”

Here’s the thing, OP. Some songs don’t need to be sung, people just know. It’s like going “thump, thump, clap”: you hear the entire thing in your head, and you know everyone in the room heard it, and everyone can sing it without missing a word, beat, change in pitch. Broxigar’s lok’vadnod is probably the “We Will Rock You” of the Horde.

3 Likes

Even in the past, Tyrande was the only one of the xenophobic night elves who actually got along with him. Jarod accepted him as a comrade in arms, but all others kept their distance.

Time travel in this setting (and most settings) falls under the “Just smile and not think about it.”

6 Likes

5 Likes

One came with us into the past. Broxigar was only known as that to Tyrande, who had an amazing relationship with him. Everyone else called him Brox. He called her “shaman,” and sought her blessing. He leapt through the portal when it was open and was one of two people to wound Sargeras, using the enchanted ax that Cenarius had helped him craft of wood for himself. Broxigar was a true friend to Tyrande, and because of him Sargeras was distracted when the portal was actually open, giving everyone on the other side the time they needed to finish their jobs. He was absolutely critical or Sargeras would have come in the portal during the brief window it was open.

3 Likes