Non lvl 70Characters are incapable of dying in Dragon Isles

I don’t know if this is a new bug or… a feature (I hope it’s a bug!) But I was leveling an Evoker and I noticed that while I am in the Dragon Isles, I cannot die. If my HP is reduced to 0 in combat, it just fills back up and this happens an infinite number of times. (I let mobs wail on me for 10 minutes and it refilled 25+ times before I just ran away). My evoker was level 15 at the time. He’s level 36 now, still can’t die.

I switched to my Druid, he’s level 20, thinking maybe it was an Evoker thing, but no the Druid cannot die either. At least not in combat. They can die from Falling damage but not combat damage.

I left the Isles and picked a fight with some elites in Winterspring, I died as I expected, then returned to the Dragon isles and once more couldn’t die.

I then switched to my level 70 Paladin, and repeated the experiment in Dragon Isles, he could die, thankfully. So I know that at least at level 70 I can die! I remember dying to some mobs at level 20 on my PLD, before the patch.

I don’t know how it happened. It is still happening, and it kind of negates any challenge at all and isn’t really fun. If this is affecting new players (I’ve played since the start) Then it could teach them the wrong lessons. If this is a new feature… Iiii would suggest removing it.

Also I disabled the two Addons I was using, just in case somehow one of those was causing it, no change. (Details and a Dialog UI)

If anyone knows why this is happening please let me know. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’ll admit, your post got me super curious, so I had to try it. Turns out my level 49 priest also gets her health refilled when empty instead of dying.

Edit: I am able to die from fall damage, but against mobs, it seems the attack that is supposed to kill you misses, then you’re back to 100%.

3 Likes

I am actually glad i am not the only one! We can fall and die by that’s it. Not sure what’s going on. Can die in dungeons at least!

Do you have the buff “Prismatic Blessing” on you?

I think that may have been one of them. I’m not at my pc to log in at the moment. I remember the obsidian blessing though

Blows my mind there is only 1 post of this…

It is almost certainly the Prismatic Blessing buff. If you look at in on WoWhead, one of the effects is to absorb overkill damage. This must be bugged right now.

But, is it intentional or a bug?

If It’s intentional, I cannot imagine a world where this is a good idea. I know WoW has a reputation as an easy game, at least in the leveling department, but this is kind of ridiculous. It would teach the wrong lessons to new players, it would show them “Hey, do whatever you want no consequence!” And show them that they don’t need to actually learn their spec, just run into a dozen mobs, and a few bosses why not! you can survive literally anything, you’re a god.

Then they get to level 60 (When I believe the buff shuts off, as it’s not on my 60 Warrior when I was leveling) and they aren’t properly prepared for… anything really.

Plus it’s just not fun, You don’t get that exhilration of overcoming even a small challenge, if there is no challenge at all. Imagine how much less fun Elden Ring would be if you had invincibility on all the time. (not saying WoW needs to be as hard as a Soulsborne game mind you, but it needs… SOME risk to teach player their limitations and how to overcome them)

1 Like

the real question is, does it work in open world pvp in the isles? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m sure it doesnt. Could you imagine the number of posts there would be of low levels trolling max levels all over the isles.

Oh gosh it would be everywhere. That would be chaos!

I cannot imagine this be intentional. The possibility of some weird exploit of it alone would likely deter them from ever creating this intentionally.

I have to agree with you about how unfun it is. I found out about this because I was doing a no heirloom, no addon adventure mode playthrough on my rogue when I managed to ‘die’ to a patrol. Funnily enough I had encountered this bug earlier in the prepatch and didn’t actually realize it was a bug at the time. Me and my friend were leveling paladins and he had ‘died’ but when he went to full health he thought I had used lay on hands on him. Needless to say we were both confused. Hadn’t thought much of it till now.

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue. Current character is 59 atm, and cannot die at all in the dragon isles. I like it for frustrating deaths but honestly it’s kinda boring not to die? This has to be some weird bug like others have said with the Prismatic Blessing.

Still a thing.

The fact everything scales to your level already made the game feel less enjoyable and this makes it a complete waste of time.

1 Like

Well at least they confirmed it’s a bug now and are fixing it! huzzah!