#nochanges to PvP! Include CRBGs

Exactly. CRBG is a really good example of convenience being, you know, convenient but not as fun as the real thing.

If and when CRBG is done I’d like to see them treat it like a load balancing problem rather than a blanket change. If there are enough games for both factions to get into a game quickly, you don’t need it. Whenever that starts to skew into sucky wait times, turn it on for the faction/server with the problem. It might not be that simple, but it would be the better quality solution if possible.

As someone who played before CRBGs i waited little to no time for BGs on my server especially on weekends. So what if I wanted an hour on a monday afternoon? I am one player, if no one is around then thats my problem.

This entitlement attitude is what killed our community and led us down the road to modern systems.

I rather wait hours for one BG, patience is a virtue.

4 Likes

Single realm battleground play greatly enhanced the quality and intensity of the games. If you have to wait for a game, you are invested in it. Chances are you are going to really try to win. The games were just better. Sometimes even, magic happens.

If you expect instant queue pops and to be playing with strangers, some players will be there just to honor farm. Some players will abandon the match as soon as things look to be going against their team. The games became lifeless things - little more than grinds for numbers.

If you BG because you enjoy the competition and just want to play, you would likely not support CRBG.

5 Likes

Maybe just leave all PVP servers alone but include crBG for PVE + RP realms.

Would be win / win.

Or perhaps even have a select few PVP servers with no crbg and give crbg to everyone else. That way you can choose long queues or fast queues.

2 Likes

IF they do CRBG’s, I’ll just take my PvP in the world, and be happy with that. CRBG’s…been there, done that.

I heard they have cross realm BGs on retail.

Go now. Bye :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

yeah cross realm BGs totally weren’t in vanilla. Oh wait…

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_1.12.0

World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.12 - Drums of War

Cross-Realm Battlegrounds

For the first time in the history of World of Warcraft, you will be able to face off against players from other realms in the Battlegrounds. PvP Battlegrounds [Alterac Valley], [Warsong Gulch], and [Arathi Basin] so that players from several realms will be combined into one huge matchmaking pool. Replenish your mana, sharpen your blades, and get ready for some brand-new challengers!

#nochanges

2 Likes

I never said it wasn’t.

Ok then let me break it down for you fren.

Patch 1.12 was a vanilla patch.
Patch 1.12 had cross realm BGs in it.
Patch 1.12 is what blizzard is basing classic off.

It’s not rocket science. #nochanges

Bro.

READ what I am typing.

I never said CRBGs weren’t in Vanilla. Not once.

If you are going to strawman, the nochanges community is aimed at no changes that were not originally used within the life span of classic. Not exclusive to 1.12. Just because that patch will be the basis does not dictate nor indicate only 1.12 has to be included.

Bro you implied that people who want crBG’s should go to retail when crBG’s was very much a vanilla system. A soon to be classic system. There’s no need to go retail.

Can you name one instance besides 1.10 loot tables for some items suchs as relics where they have changed the game from 1.12?

Sharding isn’t part of the game data. Loot trading happened in 1.12 through GM tickets. So besides the relics being left off of the loot table. Where have they changed the game from 1.12 data?

1 Like

Sure but the same problem that existed in vanilla (long or non-existent pvp queues for the majority faction, off-peak players and PVE & RP servers) will exist again in classic. The same problem can be fixed with the same 1.12 solution. Just makes sense.

That’s a tricky one indeed.

I don’t recall that Blizzard has ever stated to us why CRBG was put in the game. 1.12 is the final patch of the Honor System, so it was kind of the last chance. Arena and honor grinding for gear came right after it in the next patch 2.0.1.

So it was that way for about 3 months.

No this is not really true. They aren’t dumping everything that existed in 1.12 in the game all at once. Talent trees are the main 1.12 thing that will be there on launch day.

Naxx is going to be in there from day one. You just won’t be able to use the portal to get to it. It’ll still be in the game files 100%.

How would anyone know? Also the point was is was not limited and was never once mentioned we would never only get 1.12 content just that the game itself would be based around it. Again keep up.

No one said it didnt have a valid basis, however a large portion of the community hated CRBGs myself included. The point was that is it possible to not have them

1 Like

Hmmm I wonder just how ‘large’ of a portion those haters really are. Compared to all the people happy with fast queue times. Happy people playing BG’s non-stop don’t complain on the forums.

Alot of people in my original server had an outrage about back then. I can only speak for my original server, we use to have massive brawls and rivalries that got watered down by CRBGs. I however obviously had a large pvp community. We should add context shouldnt we.

1 Like