#nochanges = NOSTREAMS

You’re just plain wrong and you keep repeating this. Sodapoppin, who is one of the most popular twitch streamers, has been primarily streaming non-wow related things the past few years.

His viewership is not mostly wow viewers. A large chunk of people who never played vanilla (or who played, but didn’t realize classic was a thing) are watching and wanting to play now.

Over hyping is something you do when your product is crap and you want people it buy it before they find out its crap. As far as banning add ons, people complain retail is too easy yet they run 20 or more add ons to make it that way. Some people cant even manage bag space without an add on.

2 Likes

This again? So if streams bring in so many people why have WoW subs which peaked at just over 12 mil in 2008 been declining? Its not for a lack of streaming there are always several 100 WoW stream up at all times yet retail hasn’t seen any growth since 2008. Infact last reported sub count was under 5 mil during MoP.

Probably because people burn out on activities, the game has had many problems over the years, and it’s been around a long time.

Streamers might generate awareness and excitement, but they can’t make people who aren’t interested stick around or show up.

One can make the argument that the game’s declining quality did that and streamers helped to keep it from going down even faster than it did.

Streamers bringing in new players does not mean “The number of new players brought by streamers outnumbers literally any possible loss of players you can imagine”.

They bring new players. They don’t bring infinite numbers of them, nor do they keep people playing if the game has become bad.

i wish i could get this high

3 Likes

But that’s the narrative. They are “influencers” and they “bring people to the game”. So people leave where are the new players that these streamers bring in?

so… literally what people did during the original release?

you’ll never win this fight, seriously, and “banning streaming” in the ToS is literally impossible to enforce. it’s just as easy as, “don’t roll on Asmongold/Sodapoppin’s server” and you avoid 90% of the issue you’re asking about.

And huge chances are Asmon/Soda will roll on the same PVE server since they are opposite factions. It’s not going to be an issue. Stop the tears against streamers. Stop being salty because of FOMO.

1 Like

They started playing the game.

Do you think that streamers can alone account for a 7+ million loss in playercount, and that if they don’t that means they have absolutely zero effect on getting new players into the game?

People streaming classic has nothing to do with changing anything… Fraps was a thing in vanilla. Look it up.

Saying “salty” isn’t an argument, that is just your typical millennial insult you turn to when you are overwhelmed by facts.

1 Like

You’re trolling. You have no facts. You are full on FOMO mode, like all the streamer whiners.

I gave actual sub numbers and dates and your response to those facts is “salty”.

1 Like

How about instead you have small teams of people who specifically do 1 thing: Target streamers and kill them.

My butt hurt detector is off the charts… but srsly they literally show you what server they are playing on. Just check where they are all playing and avoid those servers, easy?

Also don’t be surprised when paid carries are still a thing even on non-streamer servers.

Tbh I agree with you. Apparently a lot of people think they are reaching some group of people on twitch who are unaware of classic. Streamers will never be banned though.

Y’know you don’t need to be streaming to ninja loot or mess with the Need/Greed system, right? People have been doing it since 2004.

The invention of Twitch is not going to change this.

2 Likes

You’re seriously still surprised by people’s general lack of intelligence?

Yeah. All that happens regardless of whether or not people stream.