#nochanges = NOSTREAMS

Blizzard, please disallow ALL streaming of classic. We have idiots streamers running around, insulting people and thinking it’s “ok”. Rolling on everything “need”, showing that it’s “OK” to roll need if you even think it’s best. Warriors rolling on cloth…. BEFORE cloth party members… SURE.
Streamers are destroying a potentially best game in the last 15 years. Please disallow ALL streaming in ToS.

Edit : To do better :

Allow us 1-3 serves without streaming. Should be ok with everyone

Edit 2 :slight_smile:
Why having a streamer on the server is “bad” ?

• You can be instantly banned because you offended streamer in any way (Pulled his mob)

• You can be spammed by messages when streamer asks his audience “Just spam him ! Go !”

• There is no real war for AQ mount : reserved to biggest streamer

• Totally random groups rolling with streamer preventing opposite faction to even enter the zone (PvP guilds do that, but with streamer it is 24/7)

• Destroyed economy “Comme on guys, let’s buy all wool at AH and then post it at 3xprices”

• All outdoors group events completely inaccessible to medium and even large guilds.

• They add a lot of toxicity into community (Not all, but most of them).

• Prolonged grefing by different people “Yo, all audience, take some time to go and camp <person>. He killed me once, so while I progress my toon, you all go farm him for 4-5 hours so he can’t kill me again”

31 Likes

You will not win this fight, no matter how hard you fight it.

65 Likes

Not sure if you’re trolling. This will never happen. People made videos during vanilla anyways.

27 Likes

Also ban people who don’t play on potato computers. #NOCHANGES

And lobotomize people to see if they lose all the knowledge they have of vanilla #NOCHANGES

And bring Chris Metzen and Mike Morhaime back (In chains if necessary) #NOCHANGES

50 Likes

Sorry to break it to you but that wont happen.

3 Likes

This is getting absurd.

#NoChanges means no changes to the game client. Neither Blizzard, nor any game company or group of people, can reproduce the social environment of Vanilla. We can approximate it at best by providing the exact same game play and game client.

We can not, and should not, attempt to mediate the way the community engages the game. It will never bring the going in blind experience back, and it only serves to harm community engagement with each other.

People really need to stop asking for Blizzard to try to create an environment that recreates the community. They can’t do that, and things like removing addons, streamers, etc, do more harm than good to the community.

27 Likes

i slowly lose braincells when i read the dumb things people post about

32 Likes

please blizzard, don’t allow free advertising for your game!!!

…lol ya good luck with this

15 Likes

Swifty’s youtube videos were just as big as Asmon or Soda in Vanilla. We’ve always had this. Or Death and Taxes putting up youtube videos of their raids. It was there. People watched. There were fanbois.

13 Likes

Don’t release the game in this dimension. Release it in a new dimension that never had WoW.

#NoChanges

18 Likes

All I ask for is 1 or 2 tiy server wuth no streanming allowed.

Azmo, retnoob, chance (specially this idiot) are already ruined enought the game.

All I wanti s tio play on a server where $$ donations doesn’t translate into free cary MC. Which they ALL gonna do.

2 Likes

What the community chooses to do with a Classic environment is on them, not Blizzard.

What you’re asking for is an attempt at social engineering, by creating an environment that you hope will result in behavior you desire. That’s just not going to work, and there’s no compelling reason to even try.

We all know, right now and going forward, that Classic will not be an identical experience in terms of community, overall knowledge, and even theory crafting. We accept this because what we want is the game itself, and we accept that we can’t go in blind again.

2 Likes

Videos far less disruptive and also not live.

Nop.What i;m askibg for is a simple (one) server with “no streaming allowed”. Let them play on thier servers and let us play on our one and only

Do you understand what social engineering is? It’s when you try to alter the behavior of a large group of people by way of making changes to their environment, media platforms, etc.

You are asking for social engineering. Even if you think it will provide a modicum of good overall, you’re asking for the social community to be meddled with or otherwise “engineered”.

Actually its the opposite. Its Blizzards intellectual property they can add no streaming to the ToS if they wanted. Wheres the NO CHANGES crowd now? Busy cashing in on those stream subs and donations.

1 Like

Sitting here sipping wine pointing out that the ToS never specified that you couldn’t share video content in Classic, so that would be a “change”. Can’t be #NoChanges if you have to make changes.

My point was that the social climate of a game is a product of the players and the community they create together. Blizzard has made no overtures towards attempting to try and replicate the community, and with good reason. That’s not something that can be done.

You could ban streaming, I never said it’s impossible to ban streaming. I said that it wouldn’t work to recreate the original community.

ToS is always subject to changes, if you have ever read them you would know that.

1 Like

It being Blizzard’s IP has nothing to do with it, since videos and streaming are generally protected by fair use.

At best they could ban the accounts of the people doing it, but that would result in backlash from streamers and a whole bunch of angry fans of those streamers. It’s not a good move on Blizzard’s part.

The clear solution is to simply avoid playing on a realm with a major streamer. It’s not like it’s going to be a secret what realm they all roll on, especially with name reservation being 2 weeks before actual launch.

YouTube existed during the reign of Vanilla, and was used heavily by large guilds and for PvP and the like. Making it so that you can’t share video content (which streaming is, and would be difficult to segregate wholesale) would be a departure from what Classic was like originally.

The ToS is subject to change, yes. That doesn’t mean that changing the rules wouldn’t be a change. Hence the fact that #NoChange would support the argument that the rules should be the same as they were.