#nochange calls them loladins

those arnt new metas and i can bet you anything you will heal if you raid.

sorry nope and yes they are new metas

they are private server metas and why waste a paladin spot for a non paladin healer when a hunter and use the axe or a 2hd dps warrior.

1 Like

cuz it’s a net DPS LOSS if u do that broheim

its a healing loss to let a ret paladin raid instead od having a holy pally.

what if I told you that a Paladin could single handedly maintain 100% uptime on Nightfall debuff come aq40 and Naxx - or right now in Onyxia?

is classic wow a private server?..lol.

im talking classic right now and yes im serious

this is why classic wow wont be as big as people think its a glorified private server.

im even thinking classic wow is the old nastrailus server.

you’re avoiding the question - here I’ll give it to you - watch these videos and see if you can figure it out:

https://streamable.com/g25a8

i know i watch that thats also why it was nerfed by tbc.

you are the one that keeps arguing with me i just said unless you are friends with the guild leader or run the guild.

let some no name paladin say he wants to raid as ret and his guild leader will decide but i can bet the answer will be no.

you’re avoiding the mechanic that is live right now - Blessing of Sacrifice and PvE RECK says hello

you are the one arguing with me i have said all i will its up to the guild leader…lol.

move on bro.

and im refuting your argument/point as flawed

they will find out why they ask their guild leader.

that was your argument…

Your spec pre 60 isn’t going to matter all that much to be honest. You can heal or whatever “good enough” prior to 60.

Just level as a dps build and switch once you ding 60 if you need to, leveling pally is already painful enough as it is.
Pally auras are pretty uber though so at the very least you have that utility

The problem is Blizzard didn’t have the foresight on how to design hybrid classes.

For example, warriors are a hybrid class; they tank or dps. While Mages are pure-DPS. But look at Warcraft Logs (for Classic). Both do about the same amount of DPS (~600+). However, the ‘best’ Ret is only pulling about 260 DPS…with Shaman being even lower.

For tanking, I would have made a simple change. While Righteous Fury is active, Judgement will now taunt the enemy. Additionally, “Improved Devotion Aura” only works to increase the ‘extra’ armor for the Paladin; Devo still boosts everyone, but the Paladin benefits from the +25%. - After all, why have the paladin tank, when the Warrior is better equipped to, and still gains that +25% devo.

Because this would cause an imbalance in the factions (3 tanks for Alliance; 2 for Horde)…

I would make the Shaman’s rockbiter also cause Earth Shock to taunt. Like the paladin’s Devo talent, I would make the Shaman’s improved Stoneskin only work on the Shaman.

They could have done that and kept Paladin and Shaman faction-locked. While not heavily modifying the classes. - At most, maybe changing stuff like Paladin’s deflection to being in the top row of Ret tree; swapping it with Imp. BoM.

As for Paladin DPS. I’m not sure what could have been done…maybe make Seal of Command do a constant amount, but significantly less than SoR, while still maintaining the chance to proc a ‘mega hit’.

Then for Shaman DPS, I’m not not really sure. Maybe take a cue from Druids, with Enhancement serving as either a ‘tank’ or ‘dps’ tree depending on which talents you take in it.

Ultimately, I’m seeing a hybrid (warrior) doing nearly 3 times as much DPS as Ret and Ele/Enh, and that is just stupid. Considering Mage is doing that too and is a pure damage dealer. At most, Paladin and Shaman should be 100-150 DPS behind Warrior. - Mostly because of the strong group buffs Paladin and Shaman bring.

move on bro.

come up with better arguments bro