#nochange calls them loladins

If you buff paladins you potentially make them the new meta.

Making them on par or situationally better than prot warriors (for example in naxx where holy damage is a thing) you piss off the Horde who can’t roll paladins. Now the Horde call for buffs on shamans, they’re now the best dps and healers. Other classes now demand buffs to keep up.

Repeat ad nauseam, now classic isn’t classic.

That’s why nochanges is a thing. Fixing things can break other things. It’s not as simple as just fix x and everything will be better and everyone will be happy.

Try not to be so myopic.

No changes guys
*conveniently forgets that vanilla went through multiple patches that changed the game and #nochanges goes against the spirit of vanilla, which is ironically the thing people are so adamantly trying to preserve in classic

Well, vanilla wasn’t a moment in time, but a period of time. The developers took a snapshot from the end of that period. Therefore, seems quite sound to me to advocate for no further changes.

seem to be doing just fine tanking ZF on my prot pally… mark one mob per pack for start. after it drops its aoe time…

but then again, I spent months farming in classic on a prot pally and doing dungeons because I rarely got a raid spot as OT except in MC to tank trash and garrs boys.

Paladins are great instance tanks. They just can’t raid tank without very special circumstances and a raid catering to them.

People killing rag and onyxia in greens, nobody gives a damn about your class, just use it good and shown up for the raids.

After pally revamp i saw several tanking dungeons.

I wouldnt.

Conveniently forgets that said members who made those changes were passionate members of Blizzard that are no longer there and is now run by Activision.

We accepted the layering because they were adamant on the one change. The majority hates it.

2 Likes

Only thing is shamans do more DPS than paladins.

Ignore the meta-gaming morons. Play what you want to play.

I’ve ran pure pally/druid dungeons, and they’ve been great! In fact, you have so much more wipe-prevention!

3 Likes

I would be fine if they were even 80% viable. Some specs are just straight garbage.

2 Likes

#nochanges doesn’t mean literally no change, it means no deviance from what happened with vanilla. There are six different phases leading to the eventual release of Naxx, of course there’s “change”.

Honestly I don’t know if you are being obtuse or just didn’t think it through.

1 Like

Haha no I play WoW with addons and all sorts of stuff. I am making fun of people who call Classic too easy and then proceed to make it even easier. I am not complaining that it’s too easy…

1 Like

I know, and i agree. Some specialization are still viable, i healed in Vanilla in a Balance specialization … Restoration healed more but Balance had other stuff, like -9% mana costs which made me continue to heal when Restoration was dry on mana.
I can’t speak for other such specializations though.

which is weird considering it isn’t needed at all. It has been proven that you don’t need 40 raiders that are all viably specced and geared to clear the content of vanilla/classic.

The content is extremely undertuned to the point you really only need 25-30 which leaves you with all those extra slots that can be anything.

If people build their core raid team around 30 players then past that 30 players up to 10 can be anything and they can only be icing on the cake. It doesn’t matter how good they are because they are not required to be good to win.

1 Like

Which is more reason not to join or quit such guilds. I’m not interested in carrying dead weight. I prefer replacing those with viable specs and clear content even more efficiently.

With very little effort on our part, that’s how easy it is.

Or roll a warrior that gets to tank and dps AND be the best at both.

your not looking …

Ive got a friends list full of people Pming me to tank dungeons.
mana is no more an issue for me as it is for a mage or healer.
just takes managment.

I did state, back in Vanilla … not Classic, did i?

Since this is not 100% like Vanilla at the start … yes you see Protection Paladins now in there. But in Vanilla Protection Paladins sucked hard so even when changes where made towards Vanillas later run, most Paladins stayed Holy/Ret.

played a prot paladin in vanilla as well. no shortage of people wanting me to tank then either.

there used to be a site called mantankadindotcom that was THE goto for learning how to play a prot paladin. most everyone i know that played one stayed very current on methods and BIS gear.