Nobody wlll invite me to tank Castle Nathria

Feels bad.

How can I do normal if nobody will invite me to do normal? Since CN is only up for a week, I have to either try to do M+(though rarely invited to that either, but I don’t mind starting my own group) or just give up.

I can’t lead a raid, too much anxiety to try to lead a raid.

34 Likes

Ooo , more to come.

Sorry to hear.

Pugging sucks.
=-=-=============
Hey Kaivax, how is that friendship run mentality going :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I can see people raiding more

/s

42 Likes

Make a group?

5 Likes

Not surprising, there’s almost zero demand for tanks in raiding, since you don’t need many and there’s a huge glut of tanks in the game.

The only place where there’s any demand for tanks is in 5-man pugs.

Try flipping to Boomkin instead, you’ll have a much better chance.

10 Likes

Do you have the option of going as a cat and just setting your loot specialization to tanking? I used to do that in the past, when my preferred spec was having trouble getting into groups.

1 Like

There must be some reason.

2 Likes

Just spec in resto, as long as no one dies from low healing you will be fine…

99% of the time they blame low DPS when the expletive hits the fan…

That and well that toon ilvl is 245 sooooo

1 Like

You can do it,start a group so long as you know how to tank the bosses you’ll be fine. Plus you will get tips along the way from others.

Did you not read where I said it’s to much anxiety to lead a raid? I can lead dungeons, but raids are too much.

Never played it, plus no gear like trinkets/rings etc

Don’t know how to play cat either lol. So many spells/buttons it overwhelms me.

3 Likes

Well, this is the reality for tanks in WoW - it’s an unwanted spec. Sorry you had to find out this way.

The forum people… should act as a giant guild, cross-faction… and put together activities, events, whatever… like the raid the OP wants to run.

People should be able to come here, post what they want to do… then people from the forum say “ok let’s go” and we do it together.

13 Likes

Have you tried overgearing the content by at least 20 item levels, or having AOTC from the regular raids?

5 Likes

Welcome to wow. Even with gear resets, you’ll still be a straggler just for picking wrong and not having metadata to prove your progression.

7 Likes

the things is they might not have aotc if they havent raided much or came to game late. No reason to punish someone on trying to do normals

1 Like

Leading groups is hard because raid leaders are expected to do things others don’t.

2 Likes

There are normal/heroic guilds and communities looking for raiders right now. Just watch the recruiting ads or look at the recruiting stuff on the forums

Item leve 247 with greens and blues on
One legendary equiped

M0, LFR, World bosses would provide you with much higher gear progression amd to get you into raids.

Gear is super important to tanks till they can survive hits from bosses (with damage reducing abilities) then becomes less of an impact. At that item level tanking woild be super hard as youll get blasted and chunked very hard from boss attacks.

As others have said, try different roles for an invite as you are still very squishy and healers would have a hard time keeping you alive through boss auto attacks.

6 Likes

I was being sarcastic, I know some groups might require it which is wrong

Well OP obviously you are just being a lazy entitled casual unwilling to put the work in to earn this mount! smh people these days amirite fellas

12 Likes

That would be great advice, but OP only has a limited time to get geared and then get into a raid to get this mount since it’s only available for a limited time.

And keep in mind they announced that this mount would only be available in Normal and above last Friday, while the live in game achievement said “any difficulty” for months.

9 Likes