Nobody Rolls a Character to play a Victim

So now you are pitching a scenario where the Horde player has to pretend that everything she did in the last expansion was a dream, except not for the rest of the Horde, who really are evil, but she still has to atone?

Hard pass.

How about pitching ideas that don’t involve Horde players at all, since you clearly could care less about their game experience?

12 Likes

“If no one wants to play the victim, why is it so popular to do on the forums?” - Philosopherraptor

9 Likes

Look, I am on record as hating every bit of Horde content this whole expansion. I seriously considered quitting over the War of Thorns and did not log in for two weeks. When I finally did log in, I only did the War of Thorns quests on my Alliance main–who is a Night Elf–and did not touch it on any of my Horde toons. I’ve sat in Zandalar fishing all expansion and have not reached level 120 because I hate all of this so very much.

And I would consider having to quest with the Night Elves for atonement as a punishment.

2 Likes

Why didn’t you hard pass on playing a stooge?

You mean Legion?

Why would you play my proposal if you didn’t like it after not having played anything else you didn’t like?

Obviously this is not your perspective on helping the Night Elves get their land back, but Horde players can offer aid to people for a good cause and feel good about it, especially if they haven’t done anything evil like you clearly haven’t.

1 Like

If you’ve played BFA at all that means it’s already too late. Thankfully I never bought BFA myself and parked all my Horde toons at the old farm at Halfhill. They are unstained, but unfortuntely now stuck there foever, since it’s impossible to advance as a Horde character in this expansion without serving the Lich Queen in her destructive psychopathy, and you’ll still have to advance through BFA content to get to the next expansion’s content anyway.

I haven’t logged onto any more Horde alts since before the War of the Thorns event so that my characters would have to touch BfA’s content, either.

That’s what level boosts will be for.

I think questing with the Night Elves to help them get their lands back could be a satisfying experience for the Horde depending on implementation.

I’ll start off by saying I would much rather there be some Old God related disaster in Darkshore that wipes out Sylvanas’ forces there since I am so incredibly tired of killing Horde soldiers this expansion and fighting Old God minions or mind controlled soldiers even would make the situation vastly more palatable for me.

I’d rather not have a repeat of Val’sharah Tyrande threatening my life everytime I blink at her wrong (while I’m saving her husband and protecting her as she prays). Though I understand the Night Elves are probably feeling a bit spicy towards anyone wearing red so I’m okay with some vitriol provided I’m given the option to respond with something equally snippy in one of those dialogue options they give us for flavor.

I’m not interested in an atonement tour where we whip ourselves for being Horde however.

5 Likes

Atonement would mostly be for Saurfang for having lead the War of the Thorns.

Horde player participation does not have to be for atonement. Narrative purpose would be to make it so the Alliance sees the good in the Horde and doesn’t believe them to be purely evil. The Horde player does not have to be self-flagellating to accomplish that. Merely have to be doing good by the Night Elves.

Though obviously my preference would be fighting off Forsaken and otherwise Sylvanas loyal forces from Ashenvale. We fought Druids of the Flame all the same in Cataclysm.

2 Likes

I dont see them being able to handle it with the degree of tact they would need tbh, and they shown when it comes to player choice (i know its hard in an mmo). Naw it would just turn into boot licking the entire time.

Plus we have our own matters to attend to with the forsaken.

Plus im really not down for a mop 2.0 BONUS EDITION ending, this xpack has already shown wayyy to many parallels and the factions at this point should totally merge on equal terms, or just like do nothing together for like a few xpacks.

Ill still echo what other posters said,

Also thats pretty much what were doing now helping baine and surafang…

1 Like

I’m fine with Saurfang doing whatever he wants (I think I’ve made my opinions on him very clear lol) so if he wants to atone, he can go right ahead.

I mean, I expect that from Alliance players. It’s fair for them to want to kill the Forsaken, I just personally have had enough of killing Horde soldiers as a Horde player it’s not really fun.

Oh, I’m sure you’re right. Blizz will butcher it as they have every other AvH plot. I’m just babbling about what I would be okay with happening. The War Campaign has been the embodiment of “I expect nothing, and I’m still let down” and I’m 99% sure that won’t change.

I honestly don’t understand this mentality. I have fun defeating traitor Night Elves. What wouldn’t be fun about killing evil Horde members as a Horde player?

After already having done it three expansions ago, it’s gotten old.

6 Likes

Same could be said about the Legion or the Old Gods. Hence my referencing the Druids of the Flame.

Because we are in the middle of war with the Alliance and those soldiers could just be doing their jobs, I’d rather not kill them for it. It’s even more gross feeling when they aren’t hostile to you until you reveal yourself to be working against them.

If it’s any consolation, seems we won’t be at war any more in a patch.

Even past that its still extremely hard to not spin that as punishment, atonement, retribution?, ‘bad guys type of way now we got you’. If were talking damage control for this xpack they should just not even attempt that.

Thats probably because there isnt much question on the alliance side of what is right or what is wrong, if you’re betraying the alliance your generally in the morally wrong side. The horde side generally has much much more grey.

One reason I kinda like surfang this xpack is because hese dont the one actually morally grey thing.

The Druids of the Flame were pushed to the Twilight’s Hammer by the Horde killing their families and Malfurion prioritizing saving the world over saving them. There are still Night Elf fans who would have rather sided with Leyara than have to kill her. But we were still preventing even more wrongs by defeating the Druids of the Flame nonetheless.

3 Likes

I said GENERALLY, thats not an absolute.

We knew that we would have to deal with the Legion coming back to try again after Burning Crusade was over. We knew that N’Zoth was still a problem after Cataclysm.

What we didn’t know was that we would be in store for yet another Horde civil war after Garrosh was deposed.

Not just another civil war either, one that has had tremendous parallels to the last one.

How does knowing it ahead of time make it have gotten any less old?