No Unarmored Mounts in Classic?

Oh. I just knew you were gonna say that. I swear I did.

The reason people were bumping the thread was to spread awareness. It has nothing to do with aggravating anyone, unlike someone else.

1 Like

Thing is, you can’t compare what someone can get on Classic with what they have on retail. They’re two different games and what you obtain doesn’t carry over. The players that have those mounts on retail still have very special and rare mounts, that wouldn’t change because people on a totally different game obtained them. Also, by the time the servers have been out for a couple years those unarmored mounts will still be a fairly rare sight by that time due to people quitting, new people joining ect.

Agreed…which is why I don’t mind either way. I’m just offering a different point of view. Like I said in my posts, I don’t really care about mounts so it’s no big deal to me either way. So because I can’t give the emotional involvement that a lot of other posters can, I am just offering a view that maybe some haven’t really thought about. I don’t disagree with your point however.

1 Like

You’re assuming that my intent is to aggravate.

The fact that you are aggravated that I do not blindly agree with your desire does not mean that it was my intent to aggravate you.

I am simply voicing my opinion that since all indications are that 1.12 seems to be the direction they are going and the version they are using of things that changed during Vanilla, that should include the 1.12 version of epic mounts available from vendors.

And it will? After (phase 2?) the 1.12 mounts will be available in the vendors. :wink: problem solved. Everyone is happy.

Epic mounts are available from day 1. The 1.12 version being the only version available from the date epic mounts are implemented would be consistent with everything else.

Not “let me cherry pick this shiny I want from pre 1.12, but use the 1.12 version of everything else”.

Arguing with you is like being a dog that chases his own tail. There’s no winning, because you will eventually come back to the same argument we started with and the circle will continue.

But It’s ok for those that agree with you to circle back to the same old “arguments”?

I haven’t noticed that. I only notice the person who I argue with and what they end up doing. And you guys are doing exactly that and if you say otherwise you are a damn liar.

No offense, dude, but given that you’ve admitted you don’t even have a horse in this race in other threads on the topic, it’s an easy conclusion to jump to. It’s my assessment that you’re here to argue for the sake of it.

2 Likes

You are entitled to your opinion.

1 Like

Maybe you should go back and reread the threads to see just how often you and those that agree with you circle back to the same old “arguments”.

That’s not true at all.

There are many, many items and pieces of content that were in 1.12 but absolutely will not be here from the start. Raids will be timegated, and items like the Titanic Leggings won’t be available until Phase 5. The same thing applies to many profession recipes such as Nightfall, which won’t be here until Phase 3.

Is it not, then, an inconsistency to not do the same thing for mounts? Why should armored mounts be in Phase 1 when they never even existed until 5 months after the game released?

1 Like

When those tinegatef items are implemented,will it be the 1.12 version or the earlier vertsion if a guvennitem changed during vanilla?

It appears that epic mounts are going to be implemented from day 1 in their 1.12 version. This is consistent with everything else being the 1.12 version when implemented.

They’ll all be the 1.12 versions.

It’s not like the unarmored epic mounts were edited in 1.4 and replaced with the armored ones. It’s not like they just completely repainted peoples’ White Mechanostriders with the worse armored models. People who were experienced and fortunate enough to accumulate enough levels and gold within a limited time were rewarded with unique mounts that they could keep forever.

Adding unarmored mounts for Phase 1 is no different from adding the 1.10 items for various dungeons for Phase 5 and 6.

That’s really funny considering the thread got deleted.

2 Likes

Actually, the thread got deleted due to the petition, which was started by those wamting those shinies, and the links to that petition, which were posted by those wanting those shinies.

But, I guess it is far easier to blame me than to actually accept that it was “your side” of this debate that got the thread deleted.

And what was the version of epic mounts sold by vendors in 1.12?

And what raids were available in 1.12? What items were sold in 1.12? By your logic, we should have Naxxramas, and all of the catch-up gear that will cheese the early endgame as soon as Classic launches.

Quick question: why is it that you are belligerent about unarmored mounts? Why do you not want them? And don’t tell me “because they weren’t in 1.12”; there are countless holes in that logic.

2 Likes

Once again, what version of the timegated things will be used when those timegated things are implemented? By your own admission, It will be THE 1.12 VERSION.

When are epic mounts being implemented? DAY 1 and it appears that Blizzard is being consistent with everything else and implementing them in their 1.12 version when they are implemented.

Which version of epic mounts were sold by vendors in 1.12?