No Unarmored Mounts in Classic?

Why? For what reason aren’t these gonna be added?

I was so excited to no-life Classic in order to get an Ivory Raptor before phase 1 ended. But now, I won’t be able to do that anymore. In my opinion armored mounts just dont look that good in comparison.

If you want unarmored mounts in Classic like I do, voice your opinions on the forums and interwebs. Make it known that people want to be able to get these rare, colorful beauties.

51 Likes

Classic is being set up as the most up to date version of Classic before BC, which included the armored mounts.

7 Likes

Yes, but Classic isn’t just releasing all content up to and including Naxxramas at launch. They are timegating content into content phases.

It makes sense, then, that the unarmored mounts would be added during Phase 1 and removed in Phase 2, as they were removed in patch 1.4 back in the day.

What do you have against unarmored mounts that makes you not want them to ever be added?

16 Likes

They’re only time-gating content. Unarmored mounts aren’t content and they were considered unfinished, which is why when they added the armored ones, they offered a free exchange of the mounts.

4 Likes

There are people who did consider them finished, and the fact that Blizzard made the exchange voluntary means they acknowledged it at the time. I can see why people would want this. Still, something tells me there aren’t enough people who kept the unarmored mounts to put any real force behind such a request.

4 Likes

It isn’t like it would be super complicated for them to include the unarmored mounts. I was hoping to grab an unarmored Tiger myself…

9 Likes

the armored mounts are trash, please blizzard add the unarmored mounts you removed.

16 Likes

Yep. I never wanted that. Blizzard can’t do anything right these days so im 0% surprised.

9 Likes

I’m sorry, how is a mount not content?

It’s an asset in the game that you can work towards and earn as well as experience.

14 Likes

Just to be overly specific, Phase 1 and Phase 2 are Patch 1.1 and 1.3. Patch 1.4 content happens between Phase 2 and 3 somewhere.

So… in theory, if they were going to do it at all, they’d want to remove them in Phase 3, which is post 1.4. Not phase 2 which is pre 1.4

2 Likes

Unarmored mounts aren’t content

Blizzard has gone on record as saying that armor added after 1.1 and 1.2 will be added in the later phases of Classic.

If gear counts as content to be added in (or removed) with later phases, why shouldn’t the same apply to mounts? Seems an awful lot like a non-Vanilla change to add the 1.4 mounts in with phase 1 to me.

4 Likes

Mounts are cosmetic. Gear is functional.

3 Likes

Personally, I thought the armored mounts looked stupid. I recall grinding rep with the winter saber trainers - 3 dailies for 15 rep each - just to get the unarmored winter saber.

3 Likes

therecwas no war effort or aq gate opening in 1.12…in 1.12 everything was in the game…so its not like they dont include things like this. give me, my teal kodo and ivory raptor :frowning:

4 Likes

Mounts are cosmetic. Gear is functional.

Oh really, now? If cosmetics are so insignificant, then A) why would you care if unarmored mounts are in the game or not, and B) why would people care about whether transmog is in Classic or not?

They’re more than just a cosmetic. They’re as much of a status symbol as any tier set in Classic. Having an epic mount means you worked hard to get the gold you need to go fast. Having an unarmored epic mount…oh boy. It means you did all that in just 2.5-4 months. But let’s face it: it’s so worth it when you consider that the unarmored mounts are real beauties compared to the f-ugly armored epic mounts.

3 Likes

I really think people need to be more critical of feedback if they get beta access. The only way we will get the experience we asked for is if we are critical of the product they are presenting us. If you keel over and defend awful business practices like this, then there is no hope for the future of this game.

1 Like

LOL The only status mounts in vanilla because of their rarity were the Baron’s mount, the scarab, the panther, and the tiger. I’m not counting the card game mounts, just stuff you could get in game. Epic mounts were standard, especially by 1.12. If you didn’t know how to farm the gold, you weren’t farming enough. The only reason the unarmored epic mounts are so prized right now is because they’re exceptionally rare in retail precisely because when the armored ones came out, most people that had the unarmored epic mounts exchanged them. lol They didn’t become desirable until they became rare.

From a practical standpoint, there’s not difference between the epic mounts. They all move the same speed. They are, indeed, cosmetic. And good luck achieving status in Classic where it doesn’t matter anymore because it’s old content.

3 Likes

Once again, as I stated before, why do you care so much about trying to ensure unarmored mounts don’t make it into Classic? If you prefer armored mounts, they would be in Classic whether unarmored mounts were added or not.

5 Likes

Who cares? The game will have sharding, and all you care about is horse armor? #priorities

3 Likes

Maybe the people who kept them should get them mailed to their characters in Classic. They earned them once already…might as well reward them a second time with the same items, just like the CE pets.

2 Likes