No third spec next expac?

Does anybody have beta can confirm DH has just the 2 still?

1 Like

It still has 2 specs don’t expect them to ever add a third

3 Likes

I’d be extremely surprised if they ever add a third spec. It is highly unlikely.

It would be cool, though.

1 Like

Does anybody have beta can confirm DH has just the 2 still?

Well no one is in beta so there is that… its alpha still… and where did you get the idea that there would be a third spec? this has always been people dreaming up ideas.

The fact that they posted there would only be two hero trees for DH months ago should have told you that there would not be a third spec…

You will get 2/3 the class content and like it.

4 Likes

And 1/3 of the dev time!

I thought they adding additional specs to classes that only have 2 like the dragon guys

There is no third spec that makes any sense whatsoever with DH’s toolkit. It just doesn’t. They’ve also never said DH, or anyone, was getting additional specs.

1 Like

Didnt dracthyr get a third spec recently

1 Like

That has zero to do with demon hunters.

Dragons were always implied to be getting the third spec it just needed the story and polish for release.

Demon hunters were from conception to be two specs

1 Like

A ranged or mid-ranged spec would be nice. Or another spec that provides support. We need more support classes outside of Aug.

3 Likes

They were designed from the start to get a third spec. It’s hinted at several times in quest monologues. Other than people saying DH should get a third spec “because everyone has three specs” there has never been a hint of a third DH spec. It also doesn’t make sense. The class abilities do not lend themselves in any way, shape, or form to a third spec. It would be an entirely new class at that point.

1 Like

Blizzard can just make lore for a third dh spec, sythe weilding or magic casting or fel bow weilding. We need more range dps in the game

1 Like

You’re not understanding my point. Yes, I agree the lore can literally just be made up. When I say it doesn’t make sense, I’m not referring to thematically or lore wise. I’m saying the class tree has zero synergy with adding a 3rd spec. None of it would translate well into a ranged spec. And you aren’t getting a completely new class tree (at least not this coming expansion) to allow for it to work within a ranged spec.

1 Like

Anything can happen imo if not this expac maybe next.

Lol and Aug evoker make sense as a support. An very OP spec at that.

1 Like

What part about having a similar playstyle and using the same abilities doesn’t make sense to you?

I prefer when the lore-stretching stays within reason. Fel-casters would just be warlocks. Fel-bow wielders would be hunters with demon pets. I don’t see either as improving the game.

It’s a lot more balanced nowadays, powerful in some situations but not others. Bringing one to M+ is dps loss but survivability gain.

Sure they could give all DHs the “Gift” and make us holy power Naaru pets.