No Silver Dragon Portrait:

Your linked article says there was “outcry” about the fact the silver dragon was gone. Anytime anyone says something critical or negative on the GD the usual response is “GD is a sMaLl part of the player base” or “it’s just a loud vocal minority; the gamerbase doesn’t actually care” but if there’s a whole article about it, they’re clearly wrong.

Re make the UI so folks can do without addons…. Remove something so people need an addon to bring it back.

Excellent

2 Likes

It’s hilarious how you think GD got this changed. :rofl:

3 Likes

I am glad this is coming back. I ran across poundfist and I was not sure if it really was him or not. I know it sounds crazy but he was super tiny and the new symbol is the same as regular elites. The silver dragons are an easy way to know if something is rare or not.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if gd ever got anything changed aside from the real id thing back in like 2010. Most of the time I read this place I have no idea what people want.

1 Like

The silver dragon was barely a topic around here. Beta user feedback is what got it changed.

5 Likes

I wasn’t to upset when they first said it would be removed. I mean very few silver dragons are actual rares anymore.

oh so blizzard listens to these beta testers but not the wholesome and totally well informed gd? No wonder wow is ded. Ima go play robotniks mean bean machine. a game that respects its players!

2 Likes

Are you thick? The point was that they say the people on GD are a “vocal minority” and yet people ALL OVER were unhappy with the change to the point blizzard is reverting it.

:frowning_face:

There’s an entire article about it being changed in one of the builds. Maybe they’re revamping it again because it’s not playing nicely with the UI. :woman_shrugging:

Well I hope they do indeed stay with the silver dragon and not renege on going back to it.
There will be the addon if not though, and I’ll keep it installed if disabled until it is 100% confirmed to be back.

Considering they brought back the talent tree system, there might be a little bit of hope.

Copium

1 Like

They axed it, listened to feedback, and are putting it back… One has to wonder why they axed it in the first place… returns tin foil hat to the bedside table

1 Like

There was a tweet last week from Blizzard that they will be putting the Silver Dragon back …unknown when though…

Removing that Silver Dragon was one of the most stupid thing to do …then you got other posters saying well you got addon’s to show its a rare now…you just can’t over take those posters…why would I want another addon to tell me what is rare when the Silver Dragon did on the fly …

1 Like

Haven’t we had a majority of the UI which had remained the same (mostly) through the decade completely change?
That being said, my only anger is toward the Cast Bars, and ugly wyvern things beside the action bars; I’d rather have nothing there (which is an option)

This whole new UI look …looks so dang flat now…no body too it …no eye grabber…just flat…

1 Like

I still have the silver dragons on my ElvUI setup.

Be cool if the silver dragon stayed for actual rares and not WoD style rares.