No Silver Dragon Portrait:

I have to criticize. I’m not a total fan of this. Getting rid of the silver dragon to indicate rare mobs hardly serves any purpose. The only reason I could think of to rid of the silver dragon is to adapt to the new UI. But even so, we have the gold dragon to indicate elite mobs.

Ridding of the silver dragon also takes away from the authentic WoW feel. We’ve had the silver dragon for over ten years. It never harmed anything.

What’s a bit ironic… we’re going into an expansion that is all about dragons. And yet… this. Could the devs bring them back?

62 Likes

There’s probably an addon for this.

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool, but I don’t want to install an addon just to give silver dragons back. It seems kinda silly.

16 Likes

There is, https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/rare-dragon

2 Likes

I hate it, personally. It was an iconic thing for WoW. There’s even addons named after it. The dumb star is dumb.

But… there is this:

27 Likes

If there is already an addon for this, why doesn’t Blizzard put silver dragons back?

2 Likes

They are. Or did. I haven’t logged into beta recently.

Obviously because Blizzard made the change since they think it is an improvement, doesn’t mean the players think so, and so the addon is made.

I agree I think the removal of it is incredibly silly, and if not just straight added back, should have an interface option to toggle it so it is the old way. But at least the addon is there for if they try to be stubborn about bringing it back normally, or as an option.

Edit: Ah so they did go back on it, nice.

2 Likes

Its back on the beta, give it a minute

4 Likes

Oh good. Can’t wait to see the new improved look.

I agree, but addons are what we got. I have to use BadBoy to block unwanted guild inv whispers, since Blizz still can’t figure that part out.

3 Likes

I believe there is an option to block all guild invites.

EDIT: Yeah just checked. Its under “Social” in the options tab.

It’s actually returning.

1 Like

It blocks the pop-up window but not the whispers. The addon does though.

I would like to see the same outrage, but to have the creepy dungeon finder eye removed. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Didn’t know that part.

Damn those bots.

… what are you talking about? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

It’s not really bots but an addon that players in guilds use to spam inv people to.

I have to use an addon to counter their addon.

So a macro versus another macro.

Lol. That seems pretty cool.

I think they are back but no longer have the dragon wings on them.

1 Like