No Shadow Priest Talent Changes?

I logged into my priest but none of my points were refunded like on my monk. Did they not make any changes to their talents or were they missed in the patch?

2 Likes

Haven’t gotten to my spriest yet, but here’s an overview.

Shadow Priest has received a small number of talent changes going into The War Within Prepatch. Mindgames and its associated talents have been removed, replaced with Cauterizing Shadows, Manipulation, and Phantom Reach. Mindgames still remains as a PvP talent but is no longer available in PvE.

How Shadow Priest Feels in War Within Pre-Patch

The changes to Shadow have no gameplay impact beyond the spec’s increased range and the removal of Mindgames from the rotation.

2 Likes

Thank you. I will review that. I assume my talents are just still in the same spots on the tree so they didn’t get refunded.

1 Like

Correct. Unless you took Mindgames (which you did as Shadow) the literal only changes we got are Void Torrent hitting like a freight train and Idol of C’thun being completely broken (like, it doesn’t work) right now if you’re Shadow.

2 Likes

Don’t forget about Shadow Crash 1 and Shadow Crash 1+.

2 Likes

What would be a talent to spec into in the meantime until they fit it?

Deathspeaker is probably the best point to put it in.

It DOES hit like a freight train. Or maybe a…. Fright train??? Ha! Get it? Because… spooky…

I’ll see myself out.

4 Likes

I was thinking that or insidious ire, I simmed both and while sims are probably not worth a damn right now insidious ire simmed higher than deathspeaker even with 1/2. Probably because of psychic link benefiting from the increased mind blasts and void torrent and death speaker is only swdeath.

I expected you already had ire because its part of the ST build. Deathspeaker for ST, ire for M+

Oh sorry, yeah I meant for mythic +!

I was confused why I had no point changes but Shadow Crash didn’t work anymore - because the one I was now set on is NOT the one that was on my bar. Why are there two???

1 Like

One goes at a ground location, the other goes at target. You get to choose which you want now.

1 Like

If I’m choosing to be optimistic on this, when I logged into my old resto shaman I hadn’t used since early 10.1 I had to reset my entire talent tree and half my keybinds and macros with all the changes.

With priest, I had to enable the extra action bars they disabled. Job done. So… it’s a great time savings???

2 Likes

Bliz logic
lol
I think, according to the beta guides, the new one had a different name. Sorry, I don’t remember what it was called. It seems they forgot to update the tooltip though.

It was called void crash for a few builds, then they changed it to just be called shadow crash.

1 Like

Ele shaman has the same thing. Earthquake with a choice node to make it targeted or aimed. Same name, different functions. Simple enough.

Though unlike earthquake, shadow crash has a travel time, which makes it markedly worse.

Looks like the Shadowlands covenant abilities returned in 11.0. I still have Mindgames active but also now have access to Door of Shadows again; both of these are only useable in the Shadowlands zones, however. But I see that Mindgames can also be activated as a PVP ability.

The problem comes as a guide writer when I have to try and differentiate the two when discussing talent builds and such. I really wish they gave them two different names / icons.

2 Likes

Oh for sure. I was speaking as an average player.

I have never tried writing a guide but your efforts are much appreciated.

Maybe it can be delineated by a bracket and a 3 letter indication. Like Shadow crash{aim} vs Shadow crash{tar}

Dunno if that is easier. But anyway. I understand where you’re coming from.