No, seriously, we REALLY don't all want Dual Spec in TBC

Please answer the question of HOW it affects you. We get it, you are affected…the question remains HOW?

1 Like

I…just explained to you.

If you want a more specific answer, ask a more specific question.

I acknowledge that other players actions will impact your experience. My question is HOW does dual spec negatively impact your specific gameplay experience. I am not asking if you will be affected. I am asking HOW you will be affected so that I can understand WHY you are so against a tool that no one can force you to use.

Here, because I have a faint idea of what you’re attempting to ask, I’ll make an attempt at answering your question in more detail.

Let’s say I’m me.

Let’s say there’s Gary. Gary plays in a completely different guild, same server, and he has dual spec.

Now if Gary and me ever wind up in a group or a party or anything, I immediately am impacted by his ability to dual spec because he will potentially have used it in order to participate in the activity as a spec he may not have participated in that activity as otherwise if he did not have dual spec. In most cases, it will mean that Gary is the “better” spec for the activity as a result.

So if our paths ever cross in terms of groups, then I am directly impacted.

Indirect impacts are as such:

Gary, as a result of never needing to spend gold on his respecs, now has more gold than he knows what to do with, and is capable of cornering an AH market, or capable of buying something out that maybe I would have bought out a day later.

Gary is capable of making raid bosses easier (if however small for just his singular contribution) for any raid or group of people he plays with. This means that anybody he played with got gear ever so slightly easier due to his existence, and now anybody I play with who played with Gary, could have earned something due to that experience being made slightly easier, which is making my experience easier.

When you extrapolate this to everyone using dual spec, instead of just Gary, the effects are magnified and multiplied to an inordinate number.

Like I said, the only way to break all potential correlation between me and Gary, regardless of our guild and immediate friend-circle, is put Gary on a completely different server I.E. TBCC+ servers.

1 Like

This is the same for the current respec system.

So since I never spend gold now on respecs, I can corner the AH market?

How?

So because respecced using the dual spec system, this is different from respeccing now?

2 Likes

It changes the way people play the game and, as someone who interacts with others in an MMO that forces me to change the way I play the game.

Example, with dual spec everyone can solo farm quests and such with ease - so people like me who like to play a preferred spec and group up for open world stuff won’t be able to find anyone to join us because it’ll be easier to switch specs and solo.

It will make it more efficient and faster to do quests solo and earn gold meaning objectives will be met faster meaning there will be less to do faster and there will be more raid logging.

You mentioned you raid log because of dual spec. Fair enough but I can’t see why. You still need to do the same content and you claim without dual spec it takes you longer to do - so it doesn’t add up. I have no doubt you raid log - everyone is now, but that’s due to sluggish content release. Dual spec stands to make that worse not better.

1 Like

I’ve been down the same road with him. He will continually obfuscate like this and insist he has somehow told you the “how” when he really hasn’t made any progress whatsoever.

1 Like

It is if you have the gold for it. You don’t and so it would not be the same for you. You are hesitant to spend the gold (a good thing).

It means you have more gold than you would have if you actually did respec. Since you do not respec, and instead just log out, you are rather not really a valid example in this case since nobody can predict what you would actually do if you had dual spec, we can only base what you do on your words “I would definitely play more with dual spec!”, I mean yeah OK.

Someone is a hybrid PvE/PvP spec so they don’t have to respec constantly. If they can instead have a fully optimized PvE and PvP spec on hand, they officially now contribute more to each environment more than they would otherwise without paying that 50g. In your case, he won’t pay it at all.

It didn’t cost anything, therefore there was no choice of significance made, with no residual effects of that choice to be concerned about.

To be blunt: the current system keeps lazy players from being able to do whatever they want, whenever they want. The prospect of doing whatever you want, whenever you want, is meant to be the driving motivation behind farming for the resources to be able to do so.

I rather like the game as it is now, where it’s easy to spot the lazy players, and am rather diametrically opposed to any changes that seek to reduce the gap between what lazy players can do, and what players who actually play the game can do.

See how he continually says things like “significant choices” and “residual effects” while refusing to describe any of what he means? This is the problem, he just assumes these things are the way there are and offers no justification whatsoever for anything other than that it’s just how he feels.

Fasc basically showed he doesn’t have a leg to stand on when he was specifically asked to give a limitation to #SomeChanges which he could not. He assumes there is a limit, but refuses to say what that is.

Now he says “significant choices” without regard to what makes one choice any more or less significance than another. And says “residual effects” without saying what they are.

This kid does not know how to argue.

And then there’s things like this. This is outright bigotry. “I don’t want this because it keeps ‘lazy players’ in their place.”

:rofl:

2 Likes

Well good for you OP, some of us want duel spec, as well as dungeon finder. Guess you’re right though, can’t wait until Wraith classic. You can stay on your one or two TBC realms and the rest of us will play the next one.

When was this announced?

It wasn’t but there’s just as much hype if not more for that version of the game as there was for TBC, and it’s part of the original trilogy, if you will in terms of what people consider the peak of the game. Then cataclsym and onwards was the jar jar binks remakes no one likes, then we have the modern day version of the game which is basically the last jedi.

I guess what most people think is that the last version of the game, wraith has such a large fanbase that like TBC, and vanilla, it’s a natural thing to expect to be released in due time.

So you’re referring to a game that doesn’t exist?

This! This right here is why Zipzo never argues in good faith. Fuzzydice has REPEATEDLY said that gold isn’t the issue and that they have plenty of gold and yet here Zipzo assumes and argues against (AGAIN) that the only benefit for Dual Spec is gold savings…

“You don’t do what I want, so you don’t count.”

…who runs these? Seriously.

And then the outright lie. Dual Spec has an upfront cost.

And then the hatred.

Zipzo pulled his usual from 14-15 posts across 2-3 threads into a single response. Impressive.

2 Likes

Correct. Very astute.

Just wanted to make it clear your argument is just your head fantasy and not reality.

Oh, I know. He just throws these little barbs in every one and a while. I think it’s his way of trying to force the issue. Like, if you disagree then you’re admitting you’re a “lazy person” or whatever he thinks of you.

Browbeating. Plain and simple.

“You agree with me right? Because you’re stupid if you don’t. You’re not stupid, are you?”

That kind of thing.

I just want to say that just like when TBC was announced, I’m going to have a good bit of satisfaction going back and reading posts where TBC’ers hated on Wraith and said it would never happen. Sweats spent hours upon hours on here trolling peoples posts saying vanilla should have been the only version, and then I see a few of those SAME people rolling around with 70 avatars now on these forums and it’s hilarious.

You see this nonsense he pulled in the other thread?

Pure, unadulterated misrepresentation with the sole intent of shaming.

3 Likes

While we’re in the realm of “what-ifs” How about that Dual Spec for TBC Classic?

1 Like