No RP-PvP servers, a blessing in disguise?

And it’s just a poll. You can repeat that until you turn blue in the face, but it’s just a poll.

Again, the reality is that more roleplayers don’t care about PvP than do. Emerald Dream has been struggling with that for quite some time. Lots of PvP, not nearly as strong as RP scene as their PvE contemporaries.

“It is a poll” doesn’t change that.

1 Like

And you have provided zero evidence of that, while handwaving actual numbers to the contrary.

Keep on doing you.
It is pointless discussing it further against such ignorance.

2 Likes

points at WrA and MG vs. Emerald Dream, then points to their server forums

Actual numbers and observation.

WrA: RP-PvE: Full (60k characters at 120)
MG: RP-PvE: Full (54k characters at 120)
ED: Previously RP-PvP - Full (58k characters at 120)

The numbers prior to BFA showed similar numbers, and all of the concerns. You can just go back and read all of the drama about ED’s PvP scene if you like.

1 Like

I think it would be better for everyone, specially the people that want RP-PvP realms that they don’t come at launch and if the demanding for rp realms is high enough they implement a pvp version of it than having it from launch just to realise there isn’t enough people on them to have a satisfactory RP-PvP experience and ending up merging it with a normal rp realm. Or at least that’s how I see it.

1 Like

I’ll take that. :grinning:

I mean, it’s not like I could see that Classic was going to be free to everyone who already had a sub or a license. That must have just been ignorance, too.

I’m looking forward to that Vanilla milkshake with purchase of a Diet Coke.

1 Like

Please spend more time bumping our positive posts about RP/PVP and less time arguing! The Classic community needs to come together on this one!

This is important to me, maybe you!

2 Likes

I spent most of vanilla on CC, and my characters were all named after giant anime robots.

Ha ha, wow. Those OOC rules. I certainly don’t remember any of that being enforced. I can’t imagine the labor required to do so, such would be the scope of the endeavor.

1 Like

Your complete lack of self-awareness hurts my soul.

2 Likes

I played BC-Cata on an RP-PVP server and it was some of the best times I’ve had on wow. We used to RP huge battles in Arathi, Swamps of Sorrows, Grizzly Hills, and Hyjal between different Horde and Alliance guilds and it was really fun.

I had intended on rolling RP-PVP once classic came out, so I was pretty disappointed when I heard there wouldn’t be an RP-PVP server. I sincerely hope that they change their mind of this matter, maybe at least have ONE RP-PVP server, because I really feel like we could recapture those experiences I once had in newer form.

Fear the Grin btw

3 Likes

kind of OT really, but just a random comment I wanted to make, everytime I see people use ED shorthand for Emerald Dream, even though I know what they are talking about, my mind goes to a medical condition with the same initials and it makes sentences like that a little funny to me:O)

1 Like

That was his job for a long time and I am sure being gl of Elitist Jerks had some sway in it also.

No doubt. I just cannot figure out why that was considered experience worthy of making far reaching decisions for classic.

1 Like

It was an interesting time. I think that the enforcement was more significant very early on in vanilla. When it became such a huge success fairly rapidly, it became harder to enforce. I remember trying to start on an RP realm as an Undead Priest (I think). I hadn’t played on an RP realm, but I thought it would be more interesting and could be a redemption seeking character. I would see people speaking with ((What is this))? and had no idea what it meant haha. Eventually I asked the General chat channel for help and several people whispered me that I would be banned if I kept up that behavior (of which I knew nothing haha). So… I drifted away for a while…

So No RP-PVP servers might be the the thing that kills classic for me. Honestly if you check YouTube polls RP-PVP servers had more interest on polls than just RP servers. I guess maybe I’ll just stick with Guild wars 2 until they decide to make RP-PVP servers. This is such a shame for me. I was really looking forward to playing classic at launch and joining a community of liked minded people once again. Blizz please rethink this hard.

2 Likes

The problem with rping on any server is we won’t likely know the names of the servers until launch and the rp people will be more spread out across other servers lacking a real community.

1 Like

How about an ERP server?

I fully support and would encourage Blizzard to make one RP-PVP server in the US and EU for Classic.

The player created content on these servers is epic, and there was/is no better era for that than Classic WoW.

4 Likes

Moonguard on a RP-PVP realm or a One life only realm, and then this should be available.

This link shows more people want to play on RP-PVP than just RP servers. Only around 2% that took the poll want RP but a little over 7% want RP-PVP. Come on Blizzard do the right thing.

I think they should make RP-PvP servers. My thinking is that if it is as small a niche as Blizzard says, then what’s the harm in making the server. If the audience is that small then it won’t really affect other servers, and if the people playing on it doesn’t mind a small server then fine, leave them be.

2 Likes