No RFD, Been given a terrible LFD tool

They should have done this on classic vanilla launch. Great call, only sad thing is they didn’t do this before boosters damaged the open world so much.

What does the exp boost have to do with literally any of your complaints here? There is zero connection. Also you are wrong, I and many others enjoy the vanilla style of questing that puts you on a grand adventure. If you get tired of those kind of quests on alts you can ignore them, just follow a guide on any optimal quest path and they don’t even recommend you do most of those quests that make you travel cross-continent and back.

I will be enjoying running to the dungeon. And I miss the world pvp on my main’s server (it’s not grobbulas) before the free transfers came in enmasse and ruined it. Better question is why were you playing on a pvp server if you hate world pvp? If you know you don’t care about pvp and made that personal choice anyway, you deserve to suffer the consequences of your choices.

I’ve never used bulletin board and I don’t know what it does. I have a network of friends I usually run with, and if I do need to grab a pug or 2 I usually just whisper some people in /who.

Wrath “heroics” are brain dead and amount to nothing more than hyjal trash waves and glorified target dummies. Nobody will be “gatekeeping” that content and anyone who did would be ridiculed.

Hilarious all these pro-LFDers have this fantasy that RDF magically produces more tanks. You’ll be waiting in 35-60 minute queues as dps if RDF was in the game, and you can sure bet there would be tons of tanks selling their instant queue’s.

2 Likes

Again, you just don’t understand what you’re talking about my dude. You can’t bot without first having access to protected blizzard functions. They can’t access those without a hack known as an LUA unlocker. That same hack can also be exploited to do many other things, such as wall hack, fly hack etc etc.

Are you just baiting me here lol? Because I feel like I’m getting baited

I feel like you just don’t at all understand how bots function. You get that bots are more sophisticated than simply a program that sends pre-recorded keystrokes in a specific order over and over right? Riiiight?

You don’t need a LUA unlocker to make a bot for WOW. Although it does make a lot of functions easier to do thus decreasing time spent on development.

Oh now the guy who doesn’t know the difference between a hack and a bot most off spent some time googling. Since you cannot provide any proof and have no real argument to support your statement you’ve moved on to insults. The last resort…

EDIT : Spend a little time thinking about the last thing you said and how many variables are involved in running a booster through a dungeon…

I have come to despise talking about LFD on the forums and this thread is a good example why.

Once again… You just don’t understand what you’re talking about. If you can kill mobs from an unreachable spot then there aren’t near as many variables are there. You must not have been around for ZG boosting…

Lol. Try it and let me know how that works out. You MIGHT get by a whole day before Warden bounces you. Again… NO idea what you’re talking about.

Of course you don’t understand that’s why you made terrible comments like “people who are inclined/savvy enough to bot are already doing so to boost.”.

You don’t understand the variables involved and the difficulty of handling them. So you just make blatant statements such as boosters are using bots. Even though you could go to SM and see that the same boosters aren’t running 24/7 like the flower bots in botanica or the chest bots etc.

EDIT : It’s funny you should mention ZG as I’ve been dual box farming it for the mount and turtle book. I did the same with my GF at the time in the OG era.

Remember when blizzard had to patch the RDF system so that if the tank leaves the party, everyone else in the same party leaves with him, because people selling queue skips would just get their buyer into the dungeon and dip, wait the 15 mins and do it again.

Though It’s absurd not to add RDF…I could live with retail-LFG, but not the crap they built.

1 Like

That’s a bold thing to assume for everyone. Many people dont find leveling fun at all… which is fine because we suffer through it to enjoy max level content. Not all aspects of the game are for everyone, and just because 1 aspect is not liked does not mean one should quit or not play.

So you dont like mmo’s and you want the lobby simulator wow has become on retail… i see

No it does mean they shouldnt play. Bc when they dont quit they come to the forums and whine and cry and want changes to comensate there dislikes.

Bring LFD this instant.

3 Likes

The only positive of no RFD is I’ll be able to choose what classes to bring and get the gear am going for, yeah don’t see many warriors or ret pallys in my future.:kissing_heart:

1 Like

…You say that as if it isn’t a massive improvement over boosting. Yes, other problems will exist.

My man’s over here arguing against the very concept of enjoying questing.

You mean sitting at the meeting stone waiting for a group and then summoning people? Eh. I don’t mind. That’s what Alt+Tab is for. Also, I enjoy knowing where instances are.

Also, maybe don’t roll on a PVP realm. You’re making a choice to join a realm whose only defining feature is getting ganked. Don’t complain about garbage like that while continuing to perpetuate the idea that PVP realms are good.

Is THAT what you think is going to happen? Lmao. First of all no. Second of all if that happens frequently enough to be a real issue and not just isolated obnoxious incidents, the answer is ban waves.

Wotlk had no rdf for longer than it did. So if no rdf is a deal breaker for you, you didnt really want wotlk anyway.

No what’s actually hilarious is the lack of comprehension that you have that first LFD guarantees you a group eventually(the queue times were also significantly shorter than 60 minutes in wrath for dps). And second because you don’t have to be staring at chat or an addon you can actually go out and do other stuff while waiting for your group.

4 Likes

When cross realm was added yes the dps ques shortened but not by much and deffinately not later in the expansion.

It might change the meta but not by much.

12 months without vs 11 months with, it was around for basically half of Wrath.

4 Likes

3 major content parches without 1 with.

3.0 3.1 3.2 didnt have it, 3.3 did. Raw timw isnt the only important factor for how much of wrath it was in for. Because raw time alone ignores content droughts.