No Redeemed Souls when switching covenants

It probably depends on whether you finished the quest that required you to use those souls, before switching covenant. I didn’t, so my campaign progress was 0/9. That skip is allowed when you’re already were at 1/9.

4 Likes

So i didnt finish that part either but my alt was given the dialogue to chose their own path etc. I distinctively remember the quest that you got right at the home improvement part, said it was going to award you the 5 redeemed souls and then i turned it in and it didnt.

Has anyone figured this out? Dealing with the same situation. Put in a ticket and got nowhere.

1 Like

maybe now they will be more willing to help us since theres a hotfix?

2 Likes

this is not working for me!!! i can not skip anything

3 Likes

Anyone else still having this problem even after the hotfix?

1 Like

Hot fix did nothing for me

1 Like

I swapped from Venthyr to Kyrian and still am unable to upgrade the sanctum after the hotfix.

1 Like

The fix of talking to npc to skip isn’t available. Their fix didnt fix anything.

1 Like

Confirmed to work for me. Spoke with Polemarch Adrestis in Elysian Hold to skip

The issue is when you receive the redeemed souls on one covenant and fail to upgrade to mission table or whatever else before switching. There not completing 1/9 story line and not being able to skip the maw/torghast intro. When on the new covenant it puts you after the maw questline and voiding the 5 redeemed souls that are supposed to drop 2 quests previous in the questline of Enhancing the Hold. The quest is return to adrestes and its skipped when switching covenants but the currency is also voided.

I have also completed the quest to return to the initial covenant and have not been granted access to said covenant since launch day as well. Not sure if it would fix the issue, I assume it put you in the same situation and not able to get redeemed souls. Not even sure that weekly reset will fix it either since its a quest chain and not something that’s reset.

5 Likes

I’m in the same spot, just hoping that leveling an alt gives me the cheesy workaround.

Thats a lot of grinding work for that bs again. Ugh may have to though.

Blizzard, please fix this ASAP. You are gating a lot of us in week 1 :frowning:

I also think next week isnt going to fix it either, i think we will have to swap back to the original covenant for the redeemed souls that we got, which might f us even more who knows.

i agree man, this weekly they keep going on about will be hard to do if its still locked behind content we cant finish with out a redeemed soul

At this point i dont believe its even a weekly just some answer they gave us which makes me even more concerned after the hotfix that didnt help alot of us, I can almost guarantee its not a weekly and some wierd bug that made it through beta.

Its fixed for me now, maybe you guys too?

It has been fixed. https://www.wowhead.com/news=319490/blizzard-announces-fix-for-players-stuck-after-switching-covenants-in-shadowland

Yep, fixed here.