No Redeemed Souls when switching covenants

Same issue. Upgrade guy does not have souls either.

2 Likes

well seem blizz is “looking into it” idk if that means anything though. idk if they are bbut it seem doubtful they care.

"I don’t see that the game skipped it, Kyvoth, you just don’t yet qualify for the quest. The requirements to get “Home Improvement” is not to have completed “Souls for Sinfall”. I know Wowhead lists it as a linear progression but it does not appear to be as listed from what I can see.

I think proper quest progression is still being sorted out, so those lists might not be entirely accurate.

For the redeemed souls after switching covenants, we’re aware of the issue and it’s being looked into."

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/cant-proceed-with-my-covenant-stuck-on-quests-hopeful-news-and-souls-for-sinfall/737074/2?u=mirrows-thrall

1 Like

I chose Revendreth because it was the coolest aesthetic. Came to my senses this morning and swapped to Kyrian because it is by far the best for pvp and I don’t want to play a gimped version of my class, lovely system. (both venthyr abilities are borderline worthless for a sub rogue in arena)

Already threw 1.5k anima in the drain when I swapped covenants, if I have to wait a full week before I can progress my covenant any further or even unlock a soulbind I’m going to be extremely disappointed.

I thought the “friction” was supposed to come from rejoining a covenant you previously left

5 Likes

Unfortunately, my progress is still stuck at the same spot mentioned in my previous post. Not sure if others are having luck with getting their Redeemed Souls. Has anyone heard back from a GM or have their ticket updated recently? I got a canned reply about 15 hours ago.

Same issue as everyone else. Started as Necro and later switched to Venthyr. I never got the souls quest on either one - I had switched while Necro was on Rule 1 quest. Got canned response and resubmitted ticket yesterday, was really hoping for a fix to it in this last hotfix.

im in the same boat as all you cant upgrade sanctum because i dont have a redeemed soul , i opened a ticket and got the same response as you guys “this is functioning as intended as those materials and rescued Souls stay with the Covenant you left. If you are still in the Covenant’s tutorial phase, you may need to wait until World Quests reset to earn new resources for progression.” at this rate i might as well just make a new character from scratch and level it to 60 and still be ahead of this character great system blizzard.

4 Likes

Don’t weekly quests unlock after getting your mission table setup? How are we able to get the weekly quests if we cannot progress the story until that point. Also how come someone earlier in their post got their souls, but the rest of us are locked out.

1 Like

The game would surely be break if a player had a change of heart about their covenant choice on the first day of an expansion. Thank you blizzard for locking us out of half the expansions content for a week. It only makes sense, after all, Sid Meier had that quote about meaningful choices

1 Like

Delmonda is correct in that leveling a brand new character to 60 would be faster than waiting for the reset. This isn’t even “catch up” at this point, it’s still week 1.

3 Likes

I have a solution (sort of).

If you level a second character from 50-60 and complete the introduction part of choosing a covenant (the bit we’re stuck on) then you can go back to the toon that is stuck, abandon the quests, then the game will treat you as an alt of the second character and give you a new quest that allows you to skip this whole part and jump directly to soulbinds.

Not a great solution, but if you were going to level more than one toon anyway, it’s not too bad.

1 Like

Did you pick the same covenant with the second character?

no. it’s just a built in alt catch up feature that happens to work in this situation

1 Like

what quests do you abandon?

The sanctum upgrade one in my case, but any that you have in the sanctum.

For necrolord on my stuck druid the replacement new quest was at Draka when I logged in after doing all the Kyrian stuff on my paladin.

Do we have any info on the hotfix or do we really have to wait till next week?

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/can-not-continue-campaign/737306/8?u=evearia-moon-guard

Blue post reply on another thread about the issue.

So they are trying to fix it? is what you are saying hopefully today???

1 Like

Don’t let hope creep in. I wouldn’t expect a speedy fix.

Makes me not want to play wow anymore honestly. a lot of ppl are having this problem they should of known ppl were going to do that

5 Likes

so there is no possibilities to play this week?