No PVP Mode For Casuals

If you cared you could look for yourself. I believe in you!

9 Likes

I am going off of the number you claimed to be the case.

If 2 million active players, assuming it is accurate, is not a sign of a healthy MMORPG in a time where statistically most donā€™t survive after launch. Then I would say your metric for a lively MMORPG is simply unrealistic.

4 Likes

Burden of proof fallacy

2 Likes

If you want to call it that, which I think is slightly different bc if I was doing that fallacy Iā€™d ask you to give evidence disproving my statement but I didnā€™t. He asked for evidence. I said if he cared he could figure it out. As I donā€™t really feel the need to provide it

6 Likes

I canā€™t.
That is all you had to say.

:man_facepalming:
Letā€™s pretend you didnā€™t ignore the part about Classic being a large chunk of that 1-2 million, read below:

Are you?
No, you are not. And so you cannot claim that the game is fine when you have no way of determining what the remaining retail players are doing in the game.

You act like your opinion is more valid than mine by attacking it but hereā€™s the thing about opinions! Is that they arnt facts!! Mind blowing I know! You have yours I have mine. Have a nice day!

9 Likes

This was not a case of opinion vs opinion.
You claimed that people who disagree with posts are all the same person. I didnā€™t attack it. I asked if you can provide any sort of evidence which would support your claim. You have not and cannot. And now youā€™re trying to twist this into something else in hopes that you can backpedal away. Have a nice day :slightly_smiling_face:

My bad I forgot that anything brought up on the forums must always have indisputable proof or else it is 100% incorrect. Thank you for correcting my ways

8 Likes

Strawman.
I wonder what fallacy youā€™ll attempt next.

To bad fallacyā€™s arnt against the forum rules so really I can do any I want as long as I donā€™t violate those

5 Likes

At this point it is well clear that you are lacking the intellectual capability to hold a decent conversation. I will respond no further to you here. Enjoy the rest of your paint chips.

3 Likes

It could be 50/50, 40/60, 20/80, hell even 10/90. It is still pulling far higher numbers than most MMORPGā€™s. The whole ā€œclassic retains a significant amount of the player baseā€ is a moot point.

I did. It looked like you were conversing with yourself.

5 Likes

ā€œmost MMORPGā€™sā€ is an irrelevant statement. We do not care about other RPGs. We are talking about WoW. A game which historically has held many millions of players. And now weā€™re at a point where those many millions of players have left. Those players did not leave because the game is fine, they left because the game not fine.

Either you did not or you ignored what was said. You would not otherwise be able to say that ā€œpve is fineā€ when you have no way of determining this. You are making up assumptions because youā€™re afraid to let this argument go and appear wrong on the internet.

1 Like

WoW didnā€™t hit its peak subscriber mark until 6 years after its debut. Itā€™s been 11 years since then. To expect a 17-year-old game to retain that same population after nearly two decades is simply foolish.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:
Shadowlands launch had many millions of players. Those many millions of players have left.

Your obsession with ā€œbut muh numbers!ā€ is irrelevant of the original point that people have moved on from WoW as a whole due to poor gameplay systems. If you are going to continue screeching about this instead of addressing the original point then I will refrain from further response on this as you are demonstrably not arguing in good faith.

2 Likes

This is true, but they could have kept a lot of the player base were it not for all the crap going on behind the scenes that ensured Shadowlands was going to be a gong show. If they sorted out the PVP gearing to WOD style I would still be playing regularly.

12 Likes

partysync into 51-59.

1 Like

Another gong show.

1 Like

Compared to New World which doesnā€™t even have so many just 2 months after launch , I think 17 year old WoW is doing ok

no rating requirements, no conduits, fast que times and the gear you have on doesnā€™t matter because you get a template. about as casual as it gets.

6 Likes