No PVP Mode For Casuals

There is no PVP mode in this game for casuals. People with less gear get annihilated. This then means less people will PVP since no one enjoys getting destroyed by someone that has a lot of gear.

Please let random BGs scale our power… let gear matter in rated BGs and arenas but …please… let me have a mode where I can just PVP for fun and not worry about gear.

I want to PVP, but there really isn’t any way for me to have fun unless I’m super geared out.

163 Likes

Every mode is for casuals.

I have toons with no rated gear and I have fun.
Sounds like your issue is a personal problem.

9 Likes

Most of the playerbase would disagree with what you find fun

63 Likes

If most of the player base does not find PvP fun then they do not need to participate in PvP.

1 Like

Solid thinking. This might explain why PvP is a dying aspect of wow and why people are moving on to other games.

110 Likes

People are moving on to other games because WoW, as a whole, is garbage now.

12 Likes

The PvE side is actually doing quite fine. It’s just PvP being gear > skill is what people don’t like.

65 Likes

See, now I have to assume you’re a developer at Blizzard. You sound just like them with your F the players attitude.

65 Likes

No side is doing fine. The game has between 1-2 million subs, with a significant chunk of that being Classic players. And of that remainder of retail players, I am not aware of any statistics which show how they spend their time in the game.
The current gear situation is certainly off-putting for many people, and surely there are people have quit for that reason. Just like there are people who have quit for whatever reason in every expansion. However, a claim that “pvp is dying because of X reason” would not be truthful. PvP is dying because the game is dying.

That is not a F the players attitude. You’re just incapable of reading context beyond your own narrative, and so you fail to see what is being said. Common theme with you.

6 Likes

I quoted what you said. That comment is a F the players attitude. As are most of your posts

32 Likes

Exactly what I was going to reply with lol

11 Likes

Whatever helps you sleep at night :man_shrugging:

If there are 1-2 million players with the majority playing PvE on a 20-year-old game. Then PvE is objectively doing fine. WoW peaked at 12 million back in 2010. A lot of modern games now can hardly pull 20k at peak tiimes.

14 Likes

Then what have I been playing for the past 17 years?

Stop using casual in your arguments, your demented definition of one is wrong.

I tend to be very happy with most of the Pve aspect of wow. Even after 16 years, I always find something to do and enjoy. I give them a thumbs up for that.

It’s the brain-dead PvP aspect that has lost me.

9 Likes

Putting aside that you have no statistics or metrics…
If that is the conclusion that you draw then your metric for “fine” is very low.
“People are running dungeons, so the game is fine!”

Ahh the forums where the small opinions are the loudest! Guess we will just have to shout louder. Gear gap > skill. SUCKS

36 Likes

Given that the loudest opinions are of those screeching that they lost a random BG because of gear, your post makes little sense.

2 Likes

Lol. Every single one of these posts is usually by a different person where everyone disagreeing is usually the same troll

31 Likes

Can you provide any evidence which suggests that people who disagree with you are all the same person?

1 Like