No posting on alt accounts

ive swapped names a few times. Its not like it matters, I dont swap during a conversation.

Its all anonymous anyways

by selecting a character thats over lvl 20. Like mine

If the main issue is people switching to ā€˜talkā€™ to themselves, then making it so once you respond on a thread, you must make any more replies on that thread with the same character would basically solve the problem - right?

I personally donā€™t have issue with a schizo having their own conversation. Itā€™s kinda like being a ventriloquist or somethingā€¦

Two thingsā€¦

First, how do you know itā€™s an alt or a main? Many people have more than one 120.

Second, you should worry more about the words than the picture next to it.

What I find hilarious is when someone is switching alts so much they say something and donā€™t realize what alt they are on and give themselves away ā€¦hahaha

A lot of times you can tell by their ā€˜speechā€™ patterns - most people who switch characters a lot donā€™t bother to try to change their typing/speaking habits. If you hang around a forum long enough, you start to recognize people before even looking at their avatar just by what they are saying, their grammar, their misspellings, abbreviations, etcā€¦

1 Like

And if they donā€™t have access to an account or are from Europe?

canā€™t post on EU character and EU forum is dead.

I think the stats and posts should just be shown per account not per character. Switching characters should only change your avatar and nothing else.

1 Like

My experience on the forums has been one of harassment, and I can see why there is a need to be able to change your identity so that other players can not follow you around or make assumptions about you even before you post your opinion.

1 Like

Lets just post our real names; phone numbers and addresses while we are at itā€¦

No no no should definitely be limited to your WoW persona.

1 Like

I have mainā€™d a hunter, a rogue, a pally and a twink lockā€¦
Who is my WoW Persona???

Who??? you!

I can think of plenty.

One off the top of my head are the class forums, another is guild recruitment, and the off-topic forums. Another is worlds end tavern / realm forums.

If I need help with a specific class / character Iā€™ll post on that character, if I need help with a different one, Iā€™ll post on a different one.

If I want to post in worlds end tavern, Iā€™ll post on a character that I want to join the RP / Discussion on, or on the realm forums, whom Iā€™m known as.

1 Like

Who me???

Yes you!!!

1 Like

Nah

10chars

so, youā€™d prefer if our Real ID was displayed right above avatars? That way youā€™d have anonymous posting limited to a single identifiable account (if trolling is the case.) That wouldnā€™t be able to solve the people with 2+ accounts though, logging through multiple web browsers. JS.