No one should genuinely care about Teldrassil

thing that make teldrassil a tragedy: i really liked having the town there, lotta nice memories in there and darkshore. i know they are still there, but its the spirit that counts

thing that make teldrassil completely justified: nelf rpers cant sneer at “purple human” nelfs rping in stormwind anymore

Nope, so you could see the Iron Horde was easily routed from the start.

Varian’s stated goal was to contain Sylvanas. Those were the same layout for forces sent to fight Sylvanas back during the Cataclysm, and so obviously the same effort went into taking the fight her to again before Legion. And as you can see by that same Legion Invasion event, the Horde forces committed to Hillsbrad to stand against the Alliance were of equal measure, not the total commitment to attack or defend Sylvanas in the picture you painted.

Which of course plays into the very core of this discussion, that there should have been a lot more Alliance effort to bring Sylvanas down during Warlords of Draenor, and we got shown pretty much nothing of what was actually happening on Azeroth while we systematically killed every Warlord on Draenor.

Right. That’s why we didn’t have to go through the Dark Portal and destroy it to keep them from coming through.

Because they were already routed and the threat eliminated.

Now you just wanted to contain her? This whole tangent stated because you wanted to defeat her, “like Varian said he would”. Your words, not mine.

So if you just wanted her contained and, also by your own words she was, then I guess mission accomplished.

So my bad. When you said Varian wanted to defeat her, I took you at your word that defeat was the objective.

RIP Daelin.
The hero we all deserved.

1 Like

You’re just giving more evidence towards how easy ended up being to keep the Iron Horde away.

If you want to untangle the spirit of my argument instead of the wording, here the most accurate part:

That is what I would have rather wanted, yes. And here are Varian’s words in actuality:

As such, Varian did not go far enough or get to live up to his words (to be fair, he kind of exploded) that there could never again be the likes of Hellscream. And thus the core of my complaint:

I’m glad you understand now, though:

1 Like

Right. Because we were never forced to go through the dark portal to actually stop the invasion. Contrary to what the quests said, contrary to what the story said, because both of those are lying liars who aren’t as authoratative as you.

I got that already.

Oh my god, dude. Are you really basing your entire argument against me by restating my own argument for why Varian couldn’t accomplish the goal you wanted him to accomplish?

Really?

Yep, you’re the one who pointed out that all we had to do was

See how easy it was? It didn’t take an army, just a small vanguard and they were never able to use the Dark Portal again. The Iron Horde was never a threat.

Nope, I’m basing my entire argument on Blizzard didn’t actually let Varian try. Varian could have accomplished it if Blizzard wanted him to, as that’s the only factor into how the story would actually go (see catapults for Blizzard realism).

6 Likes

Nah, I’m done with night elf druids who can’t keep their own arguments coherent, alternate between using in-game statements to back their points up and declaring in-game statements invalid, and who change what they’re arguing in favor of seemingly at a whim.

Peace, bud.

1 Like

Take care.

3 Likes

That’s pretty much your standard WarChief/Klingon mode of command. When they say jump, you’re supposed to not only jump, but instinctively know exactly how high.

Yes because all previous xpacs of constant war and strife between factions isn’t evidence enough. Make sense next time.

Blizzard doesn’t care about sense. See their catapults used to burn down Teldrassil.

And about as much sense as appointing Sylvanas Warchief after the debacle that was Garrosh.

Luckily it turns out Vol’jin was possessed by something that made him appoint her and Sylvanas was never a legitimate Warchief any way.

Citing Blizzard’s poor writing as a reason not to have a character try to end the conflict permanently isn’t a good angle to take. By that logic, if we were to excuse a plot line simply because Blizzard was bad at writing it then we’d have no expansions beyond WotLK.

Seems pretty legit to me considering she’s the only WC to get something done.

Ya know, other than Garrosh.

Sounds like you’ll agree with Blizzard, too, then, when they have Anduin win and has everyone be friends after as the way to end the faction war, despite everything they wrote before.

1 Like

I mean, it’ll be super-unsatisfying and it definitely won’t work out in the end (because we all know we’ll start fighting again for the sake of $).

If in the next expansion they make it so all players can play together they’ll never be able to have the Horde and Alliance go to war again because then they’d be risking breaking up guilds and real player friendships that would have formed.

1 Like

Maybe back in WotLK/BC/Vanilla, but factions are so irrelevant right now that I sincerely doubt friends/guildies would stop playing with one another.

100% willing to bet things will end up like City of Heroes alignment.

It’s Blizzard’s logic for not making a third faction:

Three factions…or one?

Since Afrasiabi brought up the Saurfang vs. Sylvanas option, Mitch pressed him about the idea of splitting the Horde into separate factions for each camp. While the idea would be “thematically cool and appropriate for this scenario,” Afrasiabi explained that creating a third faction would really mean splitting up friendships and guilds since factions cannot adventure together. His preference would be the other way: that the Alliance and Horde could group together “one of these days.”

“That is the bigger meta lesson of Azeroth,” he concluded, “that these battles that we fought, even when we are separated, are for the same damn purpose. For our home.”