No one should genuinely care about Teldrassil

Other than night elves because they’re homeless now.

The tree was a physical manifestation of night elven selfishness and its insulting whenever it is referred to as the “World tree.”

So tired of seeing people cry about this tree of selfishness like every other race, druid,shaman should give a kahoot about it

10 Likes

Well, technically no one should care about it anyways since it’s just a smear of pixels that was populated by made up people who aren’t real and even though it’s been ‘burned down’ you can still go and see it and visit them any time you talk to an NPC in Darkshore.

It’s about as gone as Undercity, which I still expect will be the center of the Hallows End yearly holiday event despite having to talk to another NPC to have access to it.

5 Likes

I do find it funny that a couple people on here seem to take it 100% seriously.
“IT’S GENOCIDE! HOW CAN YOU LAUGH AT THE GENOCIDE OF MY PEOPLE!”

1. They are imaginary people.
  2. 99% that theoretically died, died offscreen and never even existed in the game.

So almost every death on Teldrassil was DOUBLE imaginary.

9 Likes

No one should care about Sylvanas for this reason, either, yet here we are.

37 Likes

I like how so far everyone agreeing with the op is a “horde” poster.

14 Likes

Technically no one should care about American Football either, but…

9 Likes

It’s not so much the tree itself as it is the 100s of non-combatants getting burned alive for essentially no reason.

26 Likes

I mean, investing in some will by its very nature lead to more visceral responses. And the goal of an MMO is to get its players as invested as it can, using whatever means it can.

I mean by this same logic no one should care about, say, Sylvanas or the Horde at large being “ruined” by this story. Certainly no one in their right minds would be writing long winded rants about the topic. They’re just as imaginary as Teldrassil was.

32 Likes

Implying the comment was only made because I care about Sylvanas, but I don’t.

Neither should you.

Then why participate on a story forum?

23 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2 Likes

Because I care about the story and the direction it’s going in?

Or at least I used to.

It’s getting harder and harder with each new expansion.

2 Likes

But if everyone are just pixels not worth caring about, why care about the story in the first place?

31 Likes

If we’re running with that logic no one should care about anything they like or are invested in. We’re all just nerds debating about (terribly written) fiction.

25 Likes

Because the story used to matter in a way the game on its own never did.

Not sure that can be said anymore.

1 Like

Did the story stop being about pixels at some point that you started caring?

27 Likes

It wasn’t the tree burning that has everyone in a tizzy. Well, maybe to a reasonable extent, but there’s nothing stopping them from just, say, replanting Teldrassil and figure out some way to deal with the consequences that pre-dragonflight blessed Teldrassil dealt with.

The reason why the war feels so high stakes is because it was a genocide event. It can only end in absolutes, or with negotiated peace, if each side feels that pushing on the war feels as though it’d bring only disaster and that victory is no certain gamble.

12 Likes

This is one of the more asinine threads in the Story Forum.

Why should anybody care about story events in World of Warcraft? It’s a video game. Get over it.

Why does anyone care about anything fictional like Luke Skywalker or Harry Potter?

28 Likes

OP gets a yikes from me

24 Likes

So do you care about anything other than relieving yourself in everyone else’s cheerios? Why are you here in this forum instead of one of the others looking for some PVP or game exploit?

4 Likes