No one playing monk?

I’m sure most of us have a ton of alts and have probably played every class pretty extensively by this point in WoW’s lifecycle. If you have, it should be clear by now that Blizzard had pretty different design intents for different classes, with some classes being strictly harder than other classes as part of their flavor.

You might then expect a harder class to somehow give better numbers than an easier class if played at its highest potential, but that of course wouldn’t be balanced and so it never should be expected.

Most players really don’t want to play a harder class, especially if they aren’t promised better rewards for doing so. I’d argue Monk and Rogue are near the bottom in terms of class popularity for this reason. There’s simply no comparison between WW Monk or Assn Rogue and, say, a Fury Warrior in terms of how much attention is required. It’s an entirely different game.

I think the same is sorta true for Monk healer and tank specs as well. Brew is strictly more challenging than other tank specs and MW is arguably the most difficult healing spec. Neither are necessarily worse than other tanks/healers unless maybe you’re really splitting hairs at the meta (which is always changing).

But some people do actually like a harder game even if it gives no greater results. I’m one of them. I don’t play Monk because I’m into the long-suffering thing. I actually play it because I find it more interesting and more satisfying to play well.

1 Like

I play monk because I love my celestial zoo and jade mist effects.

Unlike monks in other games who are mostly physical, monks in wow are very mystical and shamanistic. You feel like a magical warrior.

It’s really nice. It’s just that some people prefer a demonhunter or death knight or warrior for their edgelord needs.

And rogue is pretty difficult to play and unlike monk their animations and visual flair is pretty bad, almost nonexistent.

1 Like

Just because you’re hyper focused on DPS doesn’t mean anything to me.

Not sure how you missed me saying APM between the two classes, but here we are.

It’s the beginning of an expansion with nonexistent secondaries. This is how every energy based class plays with low haste. Monk has historically been busy once the expansion gets going.

Not going to lie to you all; I’ve played a handful of classes and I have no idea why so many people are saying WW is a complex spec.

Just came from playing outlaw (which is actually most likely the most complex spec, come at me) to monk and it’s been a breeze.

Rotation is straight forwards, there is some mastery involved if you want to push really crazy numbers but outside from that the failure states are pretty low stakes and everything seems to make enough sense.

Added benefit of having pretty much the exact same rotation for AoE as you do for single target aside from priorities changing around a little

It’s been dumbed down a lot. There was a time when Windwalker WAS one of the more complex specs and people have just held on to that.

I think, in current TWW, both Arcane and Enhancement are considerably more complex to play than Windwalker. Assassination AoE openers are extremely complicated. Demonology can be a difficult spec to min-max with Imp and Gang Boss coordinated for Tyrant and maximizing Implosion efficiencies. Marksmanship actually has a dumb amount of buttons now and Survival does too. Maximizing atonement spread in anticipation of specific raid boss timers, while maintaining your positioning and handling your own mechanics is VERY demanding for Disc priest. The difference between a great disc and an average one is about 100% HPS - not something most DPS specs can say.

Brew is, without a doubt, the most complex modern tank. But I agree that Windwalker is no longer in the top 5 or so most difficult specs to play. I mean, hell, Feral still has bleed snapshotting windows to deal with…

1 Like

Do you have a link to your monk?

Anonymous forum posting account for a reason. I have a Youtube channel, warcraft logs etc. But I like to keep this forum character unconnected. Unfortunately, I can not direct message you here.

Shado-pan has 30% stronger vivifies on self. Instant vifivifies are 25% more.

I can literally link you a screenshot if you want. They crit for about 1.7-2 mil.