No one is using Soothe!

This week’s Mythic effects is Raging. We druids have the ability called Soothe that takes away the enraged buff at 30% and I haven’t seen a single druid besides myself in dungeons using the ability. It also works on Inhaled Vapors in THE MOTHERLODE. Those double enrage effects can get nasty real quick.

I’m just surprised that druids, tanks especially, are not utilizing it. But in case you guys just didn’t know, now you do. Happy trails.

3 Likes

Lets be honest. Most druids in the past few expansions don’t use half their toolkit because Blizz has continued to make it obsolete.

4 Likes

Fair point. But just in case people didn’t know I wanted to make sure they did. It does help with the extra damage.

2 Likes

Boomkins are the ones I have a problem not using soothe. I use it as much as I can on my Guardian Druid in higher keys. But when Boomkins I run with don’t use it that is really frustrating. I can understand restor Druids having trouble to use as they are healing. But DPS need to get on that. Same with feral Druids who never pop soothe or a heal on others when using blood talons.

People just don’t take full advantage of their kit which can be frustrating.

1 Like

I never use it when I’m healing but as a balance I’m always using Soothe. I’ve never seen a single fearl or guardian druid using in the dungeons I’ve done.

I’d say that’s due to some people being clueless and not reading up on changes. I’ve been in dungeons and raids with other boomies/ferals who legitimately didn’t k now that they made soothe castable in bear/cat form. People don’t read and don’t want to learn up on their class which is why soothe isn’t used as much.

1 Like

The only reason I get invited to anything is for soothe

1 Like

To be fair I didn’t realize it either but dbm does give you that prompt for certian abilities. I think I was just playing a while back and tried it and it worked. So I use it all the time now.

I’m guessing hibernate doesn’t get used much either.

I’ll soothe something big I know hits like a truck, especially those ML vapor guys, Sand Queen Tyrannical, Ludwig, or those captains and matrons in WC. But for most pulls it honestly isn’t worth it. Tank uses a mild defensive (which he had to do anyway because soothe probably isn’t going to happen before they get a swing in) and we finish killing it, and the extra GCD is better spent doing that faster.

Like, in the time it takes to soothe the double enrage off a FH mastiff, you probably could’ve killed it. Worst case, treants.

1 Like

Pretty much what sev said. I’ll soothe named mobs and some casters (Water Blast OP), but it’s a wasted cd most other times. If you’re killing five mobs evenly, one soothe isn’t going to make much of a difference aside from very specific trash.

As tank I’ll soothe something random if I am low on mitigation.

2 Likes

Same.

At least you guess are using it and knew when to. When I go in as resto I’ve seen people not using it at all. The ones with the double enrage like vapors should really be taken care of. But like Akatsüki said some people may not know it can be used.

I’ll grant it took me the longest time to realize the Blind Rage in FH is also sootheable. But then, my response to that was usually to vortex them.

2 Likes

Last guild I was in the Bear tank wouldn’t use Soothe in raids and had to point it out to them that they can use Soothe in Bear form.

1 Like

It is possible that people don’t know. I had to switch into bear form just to see if we could use the spell as a tank.

Wouldn’t know honestly. I was keeping up with the changes made in 8.2 since I was looking into maining Guardian, and the raid tank probably has been maining Guardian even before that.

I was popping soothe all week on my feral druid, it’s so gotdamn useful when the mechanics call for it.

1 Like

Personally, I soothe as often as possible, but it’s only once every 10 seconds. However, its use is situational and dependent on the group and key level. If on a +14 with an appropriately geared DH, Outlaw Rogue, and myself training the same target, that 10 seconds doesn’t count for much. So you save it for the big and nasty guys or when people screw up staggering the kills.

3 Likes

Maybe not everybody. I am burning it up on raging weeks, and every time I can otherwise. Free damage reduction on the tank, why wouldn’t you use it.

I mean, at least in the situations it is worthwhile - which isn’t 100% of the time.

2 Likes

I use that a lot on the doggos when running Freehold. Makes the run a LOT smoother.

3 Likes

I haven’t played retail in a while but when I did, I was always using soothe on cd. Alt 3 is my keybind for it lol.