No one is using Soothe!

That’s how I use it too especially on those that get the double enrage.

Soothe costs a GCD as such will be a loss in dps

Soothe is not a global cooldown. How is it a loss in dps?

Sarcasm sorry i should have laid it on thicker :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im like 1810 as feral and I coulda sworn it was on the gcd LOL thats awkard

GCD 1.5 seconds

I mean you say that, but…yeah, it is. Especially in a timed dungeon on a spec that’s already so chained to turreting and narrow burst windows on the order of 6 seconds that even just interrupting a cast is a big drop, and that already suffers on AOE (3/4 or more of the dungeon) because Starfall is useless.

If this were pre-nerf Cata heroics where every pull might be a tankbuster, yeah I’d soothe on cooldown. But right now it means he budgets a defensive specifically for everything enraging at once and then we basically ignore it and/or save AOE live control CDs for that and finish the pull. There are a few mobs worth soothing, and they’re mostly unique-named.

I’ll soothe an Atal zombie. I’m not going to soothe a random autoattack mob.

1 Like

Dont worry we are on the same page only druid i expect to soothe would be a resto druid. My sarcasm was towards the loss of dps not the GCD, and as you put it the rotation does truly suffer from using said GCD for something most tank can plan for.

Im using Soothe and clense as feral dps, especially when I need to do something as a filler (no energy) or on higher end keys like 13-15.

2 Likes

I always cleanse on myself, saves the healer from wasting a dispell on me.

3 Likes

I’ve mentioned using soothe to other boomies in raid and the response is usually that it knocks them down on the DPS list. Not everything is DPS (as fun as it is to get to the top). Remember we are balance and utility, primarily. Topping the charts is just an added benefit when it happens. I find myself in top 5-10 of every list, that is the magic of balance IMHO.

I really don’t see how dps would drop, at least not by much. It’s an instant cast. Just throw it and move on.

Boomies are heavily reliant on short Streaking windows, and already chained to single-targeting for almost anything less than like 7 targets so they can’t afford to lose much to begin with. One instant at the wrong time is 1/4 of your Pulsar and potentially enough AP that you can’t fit a second Starsurge in it.

Alternately, routinely drop treants at the end of each major pull which sacrifices zero DPS and lets everyone almost completely ignore the affix.

This isn’t about topping charts – boomy isn’t gonna do that over any competent AOE class. This is about M+ being as much about HP sponge as actual threats, and DPS using their time efficiently and aggressively is often more useful than countering mechanics one by one. There are exceptions and they need to know the difference (named mobs, vapor assassins). But speaking as both a healer and more recently a DPS, things generally feel smoother when stuff dies faster, and playing too defensively can wipe you just as hard as being careless because it turns something awful into an even worse war of attrition once the tank runs out of defensives.