No one hated Jaina

Did you not blow up both theramore and Teldrassil through military campaigns against the Alliance? or are they simply not big enough victories because you didn’t win the war. I mean the Alliance have been told we “won” but that doesn’t mean anything if its not reflected in game. I mean the Night elves were supposed to have secured ashenvale after Garrosh’s defeat but because it wasn’t in the game it was reversed by the writers so Sylvanas still had hold in Ashenvale when she invaded. Even now after everything the Horde still have holds in Ashenvale.

I do agree however that the Horde need to stop losing leaders and desperately need so new horde leaders and heros to step up so you guys aren’t stuck following the Alliance leadership around.

1 Like

Genn Greymane says: King Rastakhan of Zandalar… On behalf of the Alliance, and in the name of King Anduin Wrynn, I hereby request your surrender.

Genn Greymane says: King Rastakhan of Zandalar… I order you to submit! You will bow before your new master, King Anduin Wrynn, and you will deliver your daughter to us as a hostage

Anduin Wrynn says: Yes, but at what cost? So many fallen… including Mekkatorque, whose life hangs by a thread. **And I fear the death of Rastakhan will ignite a fire in the hearts of the Zandalari.**Genn Greymane says: He was a casualty of war, Anduin. A king must be willing to sacrifice himself for his people without doubt or hesitation.Anduin Wrynn says: I know that, Genn… as well as anyone.Anduin Wrynn says: But our mission was to drive a wedge between the Zandalari and the Horde. Instead, we may have strengthened their bond.

So both version state the Alliance wanted Rastakhan to SURRENDER. Killing him was not the goal as per Anduin himself. He clearly did not want him dead because it goes against his goal of “driving a wedge between them and the Horde”.

You said the mission was to capture Rastakhan.
You’ve provided no source that confirms that.
Stop lying, please.

1 Like

It was successful in removing the Zandalari fleet. Yes, it failed in stopping the Zandalari from joining the Horde but they way I see Anduin wanted to still try because it would have likely meant the least number of death had they suceeded in capturing Rastkahan as oppose to killing him.

Then tell me, what other reason did the Alliance have for even seiging the city? Most of the fleet was sunk. The Zandalari army was inconsequential. Anduin of all people tries to avoid civilian casualties so seiging a city would be even more pointless.
They wanted Rastkahan as a prisoner/submitting to the Alliance. Him dying does nothing to help the Alliance war effort. The moment he died we all just up and left so it was obvious he was the target.

The fact is, Genn literally went with us to try and make Rastkahan surrender. But he didnt and so plan B was kill him to at least make sure he doesnt help the Horde/weaken the Zandalari further.

It looked like Genn was trying to convince him. It was a dumb plan.
But falling short of that, you destroyed the fleet. And that was huge.

1 Like

I think it was a solid plan. Well as solid as a “capture the enemy leader to win the war” plan as any. I assumed the plan was a) convince him b) use force to subdue him.

I doubt Genn or anyone could have expected he made a deal with Bwansamedi that would cost him life.

And that part was. But I think it wasnt the only goal Anduin wanted. He was hoping to both sink the fleets and make Rastakhan a prisoners thus forcing the Zandalari to stop fighting. And without the Zandalari the Horde would be even more pressed.

Anduin’s goal has always been “have as few people die while defeating Sylvanas”. Capturing Rastakhan would have progressed the goal considerably.

Can I just point out how stupid Anduins plan was. I mean he literally had the kings daughter locked up in a cell and never considered using her as a bargning chip at that point because that plan was stupid.

1 Like

I assume he was trying/the Horde freed her before he could talk to her/convince her.

Honestly, I would actually like a book or at least Chronicles helping fill all the gaps in BfA writing.

Yeah, but you think a lot of things that don’t make any sense.
Genn was never going to convince a 600 year old emperor to bend the knee after Anduin had kidnapped his daughter, and then allowed the dark irons to burn his civilians.

1 Like

How does it not make sense? The point was go to Rastakhan when he would presumably be defenseless. Convince him to give up or we attack him. If we are forced to attack Presumably trying to avoid killing him if possible. If not possible, the Alliance kills him and high tails it out of Zandalar.

Hence why he was likely going to beat the ever living daylights out of him so we could imprison him. Unfortunately, he made a pact with Bwon making it so he would end up dead.

Imprisoning the emperor was never going to make the empire not do anything other than remain peaceful.

1 Like

Talanji would likely not do anything to endanger her dad.

Are you kidding?
She wants to kill the Alliance right now and she doesn’t have an army to do it with.

1 Like

Because her dad is dead. A hostage dad in BfA would mean she wouldnt have been able to anything to support the Horde for fear of having him be executed.

If they for a second believed that Rastakhan would simply role over and surrender for them, they had no general clue who they were dealing with. He especially wasn’t going to give up without a fight after all the shenanigans went through to protect Zandalar from G’Huun, Xul, and the Blood Trolls.

I’m surprised someone in the fabled SI:7 didn’t pick up on that and warn Anduin that trying to take Rastakhan alive was an effort doomed to fail.

In the end it solidified Zandalar’s relationship with the Horde, but at least they can claim they destroyed the fleet, killed a bunch of Dazar’alor citizens, and killed the king!
All it cost them was one top notch Lightforged Blade Master, a buttload of troops, and two Tide Sages.
Make sure and capitalize the ‘P’ in “Pyrrhic victory”

4 Likes

Also more night elves.
lol.
lmao.

1 Like

The trade embargo happened after the wrath gate incident and it was before the twilight hammer came into the picture.

4 Likes

I would like to see this, cuz in wow we just have horde turning on it self.

1 Like

Heh. That reminds me. The only times the Alliance ever have turned against itself, the Horde were the subject of their disagreement.

Several nations quit the Alliance after the 2nd war because they wanted the orcs all exterminated, but Terenas chose to have them interred instead.

Daelin refusing to listen to Jaina about making peace with the orcs.

Several nelves defecting away from the rest of their people to join Ragnaros, forming the Druids of the Flame, because Malfurion refused to retaliate against the Horde for their further encroachments into Ashenvale.

etc.

There could have been several opportunities for Blizzard to cash in on some inter-conflict within the Alliance because of Horde, but they never did.

Genn never got upset at Varian or Anduin because they weren’t acting to retake Gilneas. Strange considering Genn was quick to tell Terenas to go F himself when Gilneas quit the Alliance after the 2nd war. I guess he likes being the Wrynn Family Goodboi.

Nothing really ever came out of Tyrande’s little tirade against Anduin after the destruction of Teldrassil. They all united anyway and pushed the Horde out of Darkshore. I don’t expect the night elves will ever pursue any further retribution either.

Jaina was quick to return and be a good Alliance supporter again despite how she left in a huff when Anduin refused to go to war with the Horde after Varian’s demise.

Christie Golden all but completely retconned the whole thing about Alleria and Turalyon using Void to torture Horde civilians with Jaina protesting against it.

Seriously. The Alliance can never again do any wrong, Ever, nor can they ever again have any division, Ever! :confounded: :nauseated_face:

7 Likes