No one hated Jaina

It wasnt us. In fact, the Alliance players are being told the story of the Jaina fight.

Treng, why are you are being obtruse and talking about unrelated stuff. When I was saying it “would be different if it was the Alliance players and Jaina”. I referring just to her fight. For whatever reason, we Alliance players were not with her during her encounter.

You were all on one of the ships making the escape and she was covering for it. One might ask why there wasn’t an option for Alliance heroes to elect to stay behind and fight, but I don’t believe the original plan was for her to stay behind and fight anyway. I think that was her own decision on the fly.

EDIT: Oops, I kind of forgot about Mekkatorque and the Tide Sages. They were kind of there as a “Slow the Horde Troops Down So We Can Get Away” barrier force as well.

Damn, the Alliance threw away a lot of valuable troops just so this one operation could succeed, and they didn’t even achieve the level of success they were hoping for. Goes to show you that the whole damn war was a frickin’ waste. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Jaina led the Alliance players.
They had to flee.
Fullstop.
Jaina didn’t try to fight beside the Alliance players, because she knew that she and they would die.

Welcome to alliance victories :rofl:

1 Like

We had to flee because we were already exausted from fighting the Horde/Killing Rastakhan.

If it was a fighting with the Alliance players at theit full capacity and Jaina vs just the Horde players at their full capacity the Jaina encounter would likely end with the Horde players being massacred.

The original intention was to hold Rastakhan which presumably would have meant the Alliance ending up holding the city.

Gelbin escape so it was really just the loss of the Tide Sages(and lets be honest they were effectively throw away characters) that really mattered.

That is just a risk of the plan. If it suceeded the Horde would have been that much weaken if not dealt a more fatal blow. Still the Alliance got what it wanted anyway which was the Zandalari fleet wiped out.

You’re a liar.
You had to flee because your win contingency required the city to be empty of defenders, which is why night elves sacrificed their lives to lure the defense away.

The win condition was capture Rastakhan. Simply getting the defenders out would make that easier. If he had not died and had been captured said remaining defenders wouldnt matter because if they did anything Rastkahan would die.

Because he was already dead there was no point in staying in the city.

I actually wouldn’t mind an Alliance-Horde role reversal, not just with Theramore, but with the faction conflict in general, as long as it ended up with the Alliance keeping its ill-gotten gains, as happened with the Horde. Of course, the Alliance will disown their rogue leaders (while pinning the blame entirely on them) as soon as they are no longer useful to them.

If that is what it takes to actually make gains (in terms of the faction conflict), then so be it. At least then the Horde would get a taste of what it’s like to lose while being portrayed as innocent and stupid.

And the suicide squads that lured the fleet and Horde out of the city in the first place.

And the Dark Iron paladin and her troops in the north of the city (though considering all the burning they were doing, I’m not so upset over losing them).

And the Jadefire Masters.

And all the troops in between.

(And sorta Grong? That whole plotline was a bit weird, but he was working with us before the raid.)

This raid depicted a battle very well with all this back-and-forth and kill-trading, but so many Alliance characters - last-minute characters who were created just for this role, certainly, but still represented as Alliance members - were slated to be killed that it feels so weird that Blizz thought this was going to be an “Alliance fist-pump moment” and obvious victory that the fans would love. It’s not. I don’t think it could have been one, but even within the story bounds that the Siege of Dazar’alor was bound by, there’s so many Alliance losses written in all for an intangible, vague, and unlikely goal that it makes the whole scenario look silly.

1 Like

Source.
/10char

I mean, generally speaking, if your plan is to capture a enemy leader, you don’t send several units in a wasted suicide mission that didn’t accomplish what the alliance initially set out to do

2 Likes

Lol, where? BfA’s only territorial shifts were confined to the prepatch and the battlefronts. The former was reset back to Cataclysm, sans a tree and a sewer, and the Alliance won the latter. Those post-war Exploring X travelogues also conferred certain minor real estate to the Alliance, such as SFK.

You’re smart enough to know you’d be killing the Alliance’s war enthusiasts for waging a new one, which puts you ahead of the curve on this forum, but it’s baffling to me that any Alliance player can look at the last two “Horde implosion” arcs with green eyes.

4 Likes

The goal was litrerally “drive a wedge between the Zandalar/Horde”. Anduin did notv want Rastakhan dead but he did want him captured(hence why we even went to him).

If he was captured the Zandalari would have no choice but to capitulate and stop supporting Sylvanas or have him die.

As somewhat badly written as it was the raid ending made it clear that thanks to the events there, the Alliance was “weeks away from winning the war”.

yes he wanted food because NE stopped trade people were straving, he wanted lumber for life saving shelter.

Mean while before the war even breaks out Jaina, is trying to cut off the horde a build road through the barrens.

3 Likes

And that entire thing can be blamed on the Twilight’s Hammer and Thrall’s response to the entire event.

Had Thrall said “yes, if any Horde did attack the Alliance/commited attrocities we would turn them over” instead of his stance of “we will deal with them but not turn them over to the Alliance”. The night elves might never have stopped trading. The irony being Thrall ultimately still had to do it in Shadowlands with Sira.

But lets be honest, Garrosh didnt just want to feed his people. He wanted ALL of Ashenvale. He wanted to turn it into a second Orc city(preferably named after him).

The entire reason for building the roads was to SUPPORT THE NIGHT ELVES who were ALREADY BEING ATTACKED.

His entire plan drove the Zandalari right into the arms of the Horde. It was a horrible plan from beginning to end and did the entire opposite of what was intended

3 Likes

S O U R C E
S
O
U
R
C
E

I don’t think this is feasible any longer.

8 Likes

If that is what it takes to actually make gains (in terms of the faction conflict), then so be it. At least then the Horde would get a taste of what it’s like to lose while being portrayed as innocent and stupid.

Implying that we’ve been winning?

The Alliance won the majority of the major battles of BFA, and i’m hard-pressed to think of a single victory we got sans Alterac. On top of that, we lost four of our (in my opinion) better characters; Sylvanas, Nathanos, Gallywix, and Varok Saurfang.

3 Likes