No old world dragon riding in 10.1.5

Personally, it was a feature I was very happy about but apparently it only is activated during a limited time event and ONLY during the races.

I’m very disappointed.

13 Likes

Dragon riding feature stays in dragon isles

It’s weird that even prior to Dragonflight no one gave a fel about 310% flying speed

But now that you can zoom zoom you expect it everywhere

5 Likes

Im sure theyre just testing the waters. Dont get too worried about it yet.

They said in an interview its very likely we’ll see both dragonriding and omni-directional flying in old content.

11 Likes

That would be sooooo Blizzard of them to do.

6 Likes

Nope, it’ll eventually be usable everywhere. It’s far too popular to leave in DF.

27 Likes

And to top it off, apparently it’s a FOMO event with rewards you won’t be able to get after it’s gone.

6 Likes

I wish.

Really? :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

One year, maybe. We did finally get the dance studio… kinda? not really… Where is faralon? or w/e. heh… Soar works just fine I don’t see any reason not to just turn on dragon riding.

What a stinker :dracthyr_a1:

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with that.

2 Likes

They are adding dragonriding race achievements for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom Reverse/Advanced/Normal in 10.1.5, event on wowhead is a PTR only event. Achieves were datamined by wowhead a while back.

2 Likes

another rug pull? (I like this new term, taken from Overwatch 2)

2 Likes

I know this isn’t as big as ow2 blocking the feature that justified it calling itself ow2 but it still seems to be a habit of blizzard.

Datamined doesn’t mean it’s going to be in during live. Or even ever. Some datamined content never comes to live.

3 Likes

lol. no, its going to be implemented everywhere, if you think for even a second, blizzard is going through all this effort to bring in new mounts, redo old ones so they can use dragon flying and its NOT going to be in every other zone you are mistaken.

4 Likes

Just more ways to shrink the player base.

6 Likes

You answered your own point.

You don’t miss what you never had…

6 Likes

I’m not worried about it long-term. I’m mad/sad about it short-term. 5 of the 8 M+ dungeons are in the old world. How is that okay when it comes to missing a core game feature?

:rage:

:scream:

:sob:

3 Likes

Any source on that?

They didn’t explicitly say no dragon riding in the old world, but it is not currently on the PTR and they didn’t mention it, so it is heavily implied.

3 Likes

I’ve said it once and it bares saying again. Let the old world dragon ride. All I ask for in return is the ability to normal fly in the dragon isles. I am not going to grind dragon decals or more glyphs, I am not going to get any better at flying the dragon than I already am. I just don’t like it, and I’d like to do some gathering but the mini-game way of getting around in this expansion makes me not even want to do that.

It’s funny that my go-to to do anything in the isles is to jump straight up off the valdrakken tower, easily make it to any corner of the map, then use my 10 minute hearth to get back, and repeat. I’d much rather have my old mounts back though. It simply is not for me.

4 Likes