No New Customizations is the "Don't you guys have phones" of 2021

They can add ketchup to ANY of their burgers. In WOW I can’t even get the same tendrils as a regular dranie even though it’s the same model.

2 Likes

You ever mess around with the black desert online creator? Even for a game that’s ten years old already, that thing is scary powerful. You can make exact clones of celebrities.

Anne Hathaway
https://www.freemmostation.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/black-desert-online-anne-hathaway.jpg

Jon Snow
https://external-preview.redd.it/ly_1r2swov2f3Ism01z59564p6xXu-l62OeWDl22wi0.jpg?auto=webp&s=9d73a981d6d4ce36c5277531a3d3b855ab1ce31e

Benedict Cumberbatch
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--GSFQfZ6p--/qe4nk9czgp5ydmcjbjpz.jpg

I’m not saying wow should have this ability, I know the engine difference. I know it’s impossible. But I am saying that this is what the competitors are offering. Wow needs to step up and not ignore character customization.

2 Likes

I literally only decided to do mythic Nyalotha to get the mog set so I wouldn’t have to wait 2+ years go to start farming it easily.

1 Like

They could go all out with customizations but they don’t for some reason. We could have a multitude of options for all the characters, way more transmog, way more cosmetic rewards in general, and … housing for collections.

For what reason they choose not to is always going to baffle me.

2 Likes

Don’t care. Look sexy. The tattoos alone were a win. Female tauren get a daisies in their hair and are cute as buttons.

I won’t dignify taunka with a response.

No. Because we were lied too.

I’m fully rational.

So releasing new options in Shadowlands…is now not what they’ve said no? Oh wait they did.

See now you get it.

That’s not true and not the entire problem here.

This combined with the fact they don’t have a plan and they don’t make any announcement on what their plans are that’s the problem. Even if it’s for the Addon after Shadowlands.

They say this every time and it’s a lame excuse.

With no plans to continue at all.
If you want a simple reason: Communication is the problem. Their communication sucks.

4 Likes

And now look at the rest of the game. Launched with a really great customization and have had the same gameplay loop for just as long as it’s been out. With very few additional content patches, and using return rewards as incentive to play. Oh, it’s also pay to win, and there’s only a handful of different appearances for armor ingame, unless you buy.

They’re really outdoing WoW over there huh.

Man, if only they actually looked like they were supposed to, that wouldn’t be a freakin’ problem now would it?

https://i.imgur.com/q77j0.jpg

https://pm1.narvii.com/6037/9840a824b28676d8eecee1f7cb5623c833b2b54f_hq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8LRTybD.png

7 Likes

Not sure if this link’s been posted but it really puts Blizzard’s poor answer into perspective.
Having given a large amount of feedback on player customisation to be told they’re not implementing more for Shadowlands has made me feel betrayed by Blizzard. : wow (reddit.com)

9 Likes

No need for an insult but you’re right there isn’t going to just be one patch but they did say no new customization for the rest of SL so it doesn’t matter how many patches it has.

Can say the opposite, why should the already popular races with the base customizations get more? Clearly they’re fine.

Velfs got a bunch of stuff, not enough if you ask some of them but still way more than the other allied races. Sure it was just carried over from Belfs but that could have been done for the other clone races.

And yet we already know they’re not adding in more customization choices which is a disappointment as even with as much as they added WoW is still really lacking.

Can we just bring in the Hearthstone art team to help out and give em ideas and pointers if that’s what the issue is? At least they have all these cool ideas for character customizations. Heck even they want worgens to have actually straight hair.

9 Likes

We weren’t lied to. And you literally just don’t know any of the things you said for fact. You’re just making things up, AGAIN. The same way you made up the narrative for them adding new customizations from words you’re bending to fit your narrative. You’re also saying they don’t have plans, from even more words you’re bending to fit your own narrative.

I just want them to actually have hair again.

Sure do want to play something that has a perma rats nest.

Has little to do with outdoing wow and the state of their game as pointing out that WoW has some of the most restrictive customization options of any MMO on the market currently, and is lacking features that help ingame customization with additional cosmetics and housing features. WoW doesnt outdo them because they have less, they outdo them because they’re older.

5 Likes

You ever read the interviews from shadowlands launch?

Bootlicking doesn’t look good.

5 Likes

Not to mention a lot of broken promises every expansion. I would even tell Nemisis to go look at what was promised with WoD garrisons and get back to me about WoW failing on customization constantly.

8 Likes

They said they were looking to release new customization options. They asked for feedback. Now they aren’t using this feedback and don’t have any plans to work on it.

No. The Devs said it.
What a pathetic simp for Blizz.

3 Likes

I would even say go as far back as last expansion, BFA. Shadowlands was held on such high standards for a lot of reasons, specifically because Blizzard stated that they wanted to do what’s right for the players this expansion, and actually listen to feedback. So far after release, they’ve done none of that. At this point we just have to hope 9.1 is just their patch 6.1 of their expansion and from then on, 9.2 and 9.3 will actually deliver on a lot of promises.

3 Likes

Players have been giving them feedback for years. Videos, pictures of model edits, suggestions, etc. And they keep saying, “we want you guys to tell us”. We are, and they aren’t listening, and now they’ve scrapped customization for the rest of Shadowlands after saying they would add more throughout the expansion.

10 Likes

Wow isn’t built to be a scroller customization game. And it never has been a game based around heavy customization, of course the demand is there. But it won’t make or break them if they do or do not add more customization. And it definitely won’t be bringing any new players. Adding more customization would be Blizz acting out of good faith, and good faith only trying to give back to the community. WHICH, would be amazing. But it isn’t required of them, and they know that. It’s scummy, but it’s facts.