No new customers for wow

Just like every other expansion ever. Always the doomsayers.

Minimum for me: push my favorite toons to max. Take a break then return for the different ā€œwelfareā€ giveaways before 11.0. With Luck MS has WoW for that and see what drops.

2 Likes

How many more shop services and wow tokens would Blizzard be selling if the game still had 10 million customers instead of a small fraction of that?

Final Fantasy continues to gain market share, while WoW continues to lose on that metric.

I have to agree with this above statement mate. Wow by no means is dying but final fantasy sure is coming up in profits. They just spent a couple mill on servers because too many new players came. Ironically due to asmongold playing. And maybe if wow decided to invest in better servers they may get better profits but they seem to not.

From the way you describe it you didnā€™t spend time doing quests to learn how the game is played. There is no need to do any PvP or Tanking when you are starting out.

If a new player just sticks to the quests and simple dungeons as a DPS player they should be able to learn the ropes without much negative feedback.

Ooh ya mage tower. Doin that before the nerfs was rough i got my felbear after the first nerf i think maybe the 60th try.

1 Like

Ok, see you in 11.0

Honestly if it only took you 60 tries your a very good player. It took me two weeksā€¦ it was rough

I did use 2 old trinkets, but i just finnally got the whole timing bit right. And killed it with i 2 heals left over.
The fight was very bleh though i couldnt imagine having too do it more then i did really.

tbh wow can probably still run for years on fumes of returning players only.

a lot of millions of ppl have played at one point or another and might eventually get an itch to comebackā€¦ we all know someone that quit and came back , maybe even more than once :slight_smile:

probably still good for another decade just with the addicts and returning players.

kinda sad since they wont make another mmo until this one is cooked D:

Iā€™ll be sure to file that in the cabinet next to all the other ā€œthis is the last expansion for sureā€ comments :laughing:

This may be the last expansion if it doesnā€™t do seriously well. Anyone who has dealt with Microsoft knows, MS will kill a future project if it even looks like they will lose 1 buck on deal. Hope It does well personally (I mean it is wow and we are all here for that reason), but history and facts never lie and MS is the ancient evil for such things (well followed by EA and one or two others)

I donā€™t agree but even if you were right my answer would be ā€œokā€ā€¦so umā€¦Iā€™ll find another game?

Its not a life important topic. Its a game.

I started in Shadowlands at 9.0 and honestly had a great time. If that was a bad expac then Iā€™m hype even if DF is just ā€˜decentā€™. Did pretty much all content besides high rated arena.

1 Like

Wont be the last but it will possibly be my last. I am extremely unsatisfied in the direction they took the game having played since 2007. I am irritated that they chose to push social agendas in the game. When you cater to the 1% it ticks off the 99%. Most of my friends have cancel their subs and I am thinking about it as well. Been playing beta and really bored with it.

The chief complaint is that with Shadow Lands they made a fundamental change to the storyline that wasnā€™t there when the older payers were having such a great time playing the game with their friends in high school and college.

The new storyline just fails to bring back those fond memories.

You donā€™t really need insight to see the decline.

I heard theyre making another expansion after this one called Dragonflight.

New one is called ā€˜Dragonwalkingā€™

That is very unlikely. Even if they lose 80% of their players from their high enrollment they will still be one of the top D&D type MMOs around.

You would probably see cost cutting with fewer people on the project and a more simple system but that really wouldnā€™t hurt that much. The majority of the players probably ignore all that complexity anyway. You really donā€™t need most of it if you are not serious about doing raids.