No New Allied Races in Dragonflight CONFIRMED!

To cross-pollinate a little… I agree:

1 Like

CURRENTLY! Emphasis on CURRENTLY!
There might be more later. :3
I’m just happy we got one tbh.

Just like there are no “current” plans for housing, or whatever else they want to tamp down discontent regarding by not completely putting the hopes of the playerbase in the grave.

Did you also believe that your parental figures were actually considering whatever they say, “We’ll see!” to? Ion chooses his language carefully and specifically to curtail harsh reactions to the news being delivered.

There’s a reason why WoW isn’t a RPG anymore because they really focus on endgame too much instead of a RPG World.

Which becomes problematic when the very geography of the world is designed to suit the needs of the quest design team, rather than the quest design team taking a look at the world and wondering what kinds of stories they can tell within it.

would you rather have naga or murloc for alliance

Naga. Yeah.

would you make a murloc/

Sure.

Dracthyr is a new race.

Evoker is a new class.

what do envokers do

Vulpera already happened.

And let’s be real…some of the allied races would have been better served as customization options to existing races: Highmountain tauren, lightforge draeni, Maghar Orcs, mechagnomes . Im fine with more races, but if Blizzatd is going to add more at least make them different enough from races we already have.

2 Likes

I’m okay with this. Especially if the time that would have been used on Allied races into content.

Only if you look at it completely superficially. There are significant cultural differences that the Allied Races possess that set them apart from the “core” races.

1 Like

I don’t really think the WoW team is flexible enough to shift its art budget over into its content budget on a whim.

Sure they could. New places to explore, npcs to engage with, bosses, etc are content and art assets equally.

By that logic, Allied Races are “content” as well because they give you an excuse to revisit those places and systems.

They are content. Allied races were even defined as content when they were dropped. Thats why they show up in trailers. Content is anything that gives more depth and gameplay to the game. New races do just that.

1 Like

I’m in full agreement. You seemed to draw a distinction between the two in your initial post, though.

1 Like