No more scaling

The dumbest idea that has ever been implemented in this game is the concept of level scaling for world pvp. If you are below max level you should not be able to team up with another non max level player and stand a chance against someone who is max level and geared. I’m sick and tired of grinding cloth and some random team of players that were just questing attack me and suddenly I’m hitting for a fourth of my regular damage while their damage is scaling up. This needs fixed not everyone plays a pally death knight or demon hunter

16 Likes

I completely agree.

9 Likes

Level scaling was taken out; there’s actually some reverse level scaling to counteract the beneficial effects of using high gear at lower level.

If you still can’t beat lower level players, it’s a l2p issue.

2 Likes

your already Horde can can go fire spec at this point its your fault if you cant kill people in the world

2 Likes

I’m not losing against one none max level I’m losing against 4 and 5 none max level players and yes it does still scale

4 Likes

Maybe you need to avoid 1v4 and 1v5 situations. Still l2p.

2 Likes

Again your horde so your odds wont get any better in terms of how many people you run into vs if you were alliance and second if you cant kill a bunch of lowbies with the power of PVP pyroblast then you need to git gud or pick up a new hobby other then picking fights with people trying to lvl

4 Likes

I can’t beat them, nerf them it’s not fair.

4 Likes

I think it kind of removes the rpg aspect of the game to make it so that low/level players or undergeared players are still given a fighting chance against higher level/geared players, your gear should matter + have an impact but if blizzard scales it down to whatever they see fit it whenever they want to it feels like they’re neglecting the effort you put into getting the gear in the first place

7 Likes

You guys keep using the word chance and that’s all lower lvl players even have is a CHANCE they have a fraction of your healthpool and are a easy kill.

Anyone 110-120 is a free kill for call to arms and anyone below 110 shouldn’t be able to kill you period. if you can’t kill sub 110s turn off war mode. This isn’t about keeping your worth as a higher player cus that’s already there this is whining.

Short version of your losing to lowbies that much then you are doing something wrong and maybe pvp isn’t for you

3 Likes

:kissing_smiling_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_smiling_eyes::joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s not really about losing to lower lvls. It’s the fact that you cannot 1-2 shot them. But more important is the scaling at max level. The fact that a 375 character vs a 340 character damage is averaged to make the fight seem more fair.

I guess in competitive you want fair but this an mmo. Power is a function of gear and skill. What I want is to force my elite gear down people’s throats.

4 Likes

How about learn to not be a douche. Obviously he knows how to play and is raising a legit issue. Stop trying to dismiss everyone’s concerns with insults, and discuss the matter at hand instead. The issue is whether damage should be scaled down by that much against a lower level player while at the same time scaling theirs up against him. This was not the situation we had in Legion so discussion of its changes are legitimate and not deserving of ridicule.

I think scaling needs to be removed but maybe we could have a little less disparity in strength between lower and higher level characters.

7 Likes

Level scaling has been removed. It’s a skill issue, not a scaling issue. No, a 120 should not be able to take out infinite numbers of 119s with no skill.

3 Likes

Rpg of WoW had been dead long ago.

Hint classic is where I go.

You complain but love ilvl scaling at 120.

3 Likes

A true roleplaying mechanic would be a rat biting and killing something with a disease that it carried. It doesn’t have to be a high level rat. It just has to be a rat with a disease. A potential sense of danger in anything if you aren’t too careful. I get that isn’t what the MMORPG genre is really known for these days though.

2 Likes

Level scaling has not been removed . The damage output of the 120 is reduced by some amount but with the much greater health and the Azerite buffs and defenses, a 120 has a lot of advantages over 110-119 players.

3 Likes

As a victim of a fire mage in wpvp. I have never seen my health drop so fast on wpvp

2 Likes

It’s funny because my mage does more damage to 120 with low ilvl vs a 113. This with 3 master blaster gear.

The low level will still die but it’s silly that it takes me more button mashes to accomplish this. A low level should bow to my existence.

2 Likes

Again I have not now nor have I ever had a problem killing a non max lv player nor do I go after non max level players. The problem is when you are grinding or world questing and 5 or 6 non max level players gang up on you and despite being well geared your damage is scaled to the point of where it’s like taking on 5 or 6 newly minted 120s. I geared up I pit time into my character and I’m not too shabby at pvp but when a 115 can hit me for 35 to 40 grand of damage and my ice lances are only hitting for 7 to 8 grand empowered while I am in stun hell there is a legit problem.

3 Likes