No more increased customisation in shadowlands. [Requesting a refund]

Its because Ion and Todd Howard of Bethesda are one and the same and he is breaking down trying to be both people. He’s like some shapeshifter or something going mad from all the different identities he must assume!

2 Likes

Again, if you say “for the initial release of SL”, the implication there is that more will come in further releases of SL.

So, yes, in legal terms, they never promised anything. In ethical terms, though, it’s just wrong to use words this way to make us believe something they know won’t happen.

Why do you think they never ever told us as clearly and explicit as they did yesterday that NO customization options will be developed for the rest of the expansion?

8 Likes

“This is just the beginning for our character customization, I’m sure there will be more hair styles and eye colors, different things that we add throughout the course of what we’re learning from what people want in the community as a result of that.”

The team are incredibly proud of and happy with the additions for players in being able to express their fantasy, with Dawson adding: “We hit the mark, there’s still more to go, but we hit the mark.”

I was hyped for the more customization. Seems like it will be by the next expansion at the earliest or locked behind a preorder bonus smh. :roll_eyes: It feels disingenuous. No customization in shadowlands = gotta pay more sub money/ base expansion for that in the future.

Please note due to covid the expansion will take longer, that’s ok. The customization was good for the races that got it mostly (except maybe for goblins),

6 Likes

What’s wrong with April?

Speaking of legal terms, interesting a lawyer like Ion wouldn’t realize this.

2 Likes

I completely understand you. The disconnect between the devs and their fan base is staggering.
I was expecting at least some update, at the very least I expected them to have a plan. They don’t even have that.
Nightborne, Pandaren and Gnomes are done? Are they for real?

I still want Forest Trolls and other things, but some races don’t even have the same amount of options like the others (not even half as much)! Who thinks that’s a good idea?

• Don’t you guys have phones.
  • WC3 “Reforged”.
  • And now this.

It’s so frustrating.

Like many if not most people yes.
You understand the art team doesn’t work on those other problems, right? You understand Blizzard asked for your feedback and said they want to implement more things and now they are doing nothing at all.
This is in fact the larger problem for a lot of people.

15 Likes

ghostcrawler was a marine biologist. you don’t see people insulting him over that. he’s the lead dude for riot right now i think.

1 Like

Working on a league/runeterra mmo iirc.

I don’t read that, that way at all.

I read that as they added a whole bunch of customization in Shadowlands on the original races and since it is an ongoing project you will get customization on allied races at some point in time.

5 Likes

I don’t know if anyone else in the world read it how you did. And I knwo they didn’t intend it that way.

2 Likes

Because he isn’t saying something a marine biologist should know and basically contradicting himself? What are you even on about? Your point was poorly made here.

5 Likes

I am pretty sure a whole lot of people in the world would read it the way I did. You guys are letting your emotions read things into statements that aren’t there.

5 Likes

Ghostcrawler was awful for the game.
He was partly responsible for the “mechanics over lore and fit the story to the mechanics and raids” crap which only hurt the game, the story telling, which lead the game to a downwards spiral.
Even though some mechanical things he did might have been good. The approach he took was extremely wrong.

1 Like

Yup. That’s how humans work.

1 Like

I feel this, and I get it. I bring this up from time to time because it’s the thing that nearly busted WoW for me. It’s the reason I started Cataclysm with a very sour taste, and that attitude is probably the reason I never got into Cata and still consider it the worst expansion (despite the fact that I honestly don’t remember much of it).

Achievements came out in Wrath. I really liked the idea of having solo things to work for since my guild was very inactive in the first half of the expansion. I was left on my own a lot, and I saw that the fastest flying mount in the game could be had if you did the year-long achievement called, “What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been.”

If you’re not familiar, this was an achieve that required you to do EVERY sub-achieve for every holiday on the calendar at the time. Each holiday had a meta-achievement, and once you had them all, you’d receive a 310% speed flying mount (the Violet Proto-Drake).

No other mount in the game flew that fast, and it was a reward worthy of the effort.

I started right at the beginning, and I was one of the first people to earn that mount. It took a solid year. At some point in the middle, my guild came back, and I had to bow out of a few guild activities to make sure I didn’t miss any holiday deadlines. I got my drake. I basked in my achievement in a way I hadn’t basked in a WoW reward since my 6th piece of Tier II dropped in BWL.

Cataclysm released, and 310 flight was made available for gold. Everyone could have it. They didn’t bump the speed of the Strange Trip mount. They simply made it worthless. An entire YEAR it took to get that mount (and the mount was not unique at all or even one I liked looking at…there were many other colors of the same model).

I have never forgiven them for doing that, and I hated Cataclysm. It started with the biggest disappointment I think I’ve ever had in this game, so I get it, OP. I’m not as attached to customization as you clearly are, but I get it.

I hope they reconsider the customization decision b/c it was a bad one.

9 Likes

I guess we all have our own personal final straw, i wouldn’t really judge anyone over theirs :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

no, my point was neither of them have been doing their previous jobs for years. people don’t bring up ghostcrawlers old job but they do bring up ions. he has been working at blizz since 2008. he hasn’t been actively practicing law. if he had done nothing before wrath at all you’d use that to insult him as well.

which is their duty both legally and morally to their shareholders . Thats what they are in business to do , make money by maximising revenue in and minimising revenue out . thats how the system works.

1 Like

No but he still acts like he is the way he phrases things and if you don’t think he is using his lawyer experience while working at blizz that would be very naive.

3 Likes

Game is for playing , the books are for the Lore/story