No More Elf Races

Night Elf Shadow Priests say hi.

I love how the forum troll who plays a zandalari troll post this complaining about the game having too many elves.

Because we don’t have the dark trolls, the blood trolls, the ice trolls, the darkspear hunched trolls, the zandalari night elf model rig trolls, the necromancer trolls, and the dead god skeleton troll.

And the first elves were just trolled that evolved because they decided to live near a giant gaping world soul wound that was leaking arcane/azerite power into them so they are all descendants of the dark trolls that settled near the well of eternity and this guys is literally just complaining about trolls by trying to meta troll everyone.

The OP listed playable races.

We can’t play those.

We can’t play those either.

Or those.

Or those.

Or those. What is your point…?

Agreed! No More Elves!

Yuck.

We already have high elves on Horde and Sanlayn? Waste of resources right there.

Any race someone dislikes could be considered a “Waste of resources”, so speak for yourself. Playable vampires would be awesome, in my opinion. San’layn/vampyr elf Customization (and Allied Race idea) Coagulated Megathread {Re-VAMPed} shows how they can be made very distinct.

This entire thread is very simply, “I don’t like elves so we shouldn’t have more ever” as opposed to something like “I’d rather see something else first”. Why can’t we all get something we enjoy, rather than “Only mine, otherwise there’s too many of this thing that I don’t like so even if the idea is unique, we should have no more because it’s an elf.”

I don’t get people.

3 Likes

Y’all are friggin’ eevees.

By definition, they are influenced by the Shadow Sphere of magic in the Azeroth Mythos. Shadow also controls Void. This is a different sphere from both Death and Chaos/Disorder. Classes and their specs are not Races either. Any mortal can be drawn to any sphere through coercion or free-will.

There are six spheres - Life (night elves), Light (blood elves), Order (nightborne), Shadow (void elves). There are no races representing Death or Chaos/Disorder.

Dark Rangers may fulfill a Death role but this is more of a class of undead rather than a race. San’lyn could also fulfill the role but they seem to be extinct after the Alliance War Campaign. There aren’t any known branches of Elf that would fill the Chaos/Disorder role though. Maybe a sect that returned to their Dark Troll roots in the caves under Mt. Hyjal that we haven’t heard of. Or it could be a sub-race like elves infected with the Worgen curse.

I am referring to this image: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f0/6b/11/f06b1107e2c2c1043986b7a92775fc04.jpg

Something new and unique. Not even more emo, emo blood elves.

I hope Allied Races are retired and they concentrate more on new races and classes.

If you want to entirely disregard the ideas and just call them “emo blood elves”, that’s fine. I’ll agree to disagree on all accounts, and hope Blizzard listens to people with actual ideas rather than “I dislike this and so it should never be added.” No lore reasons, either, just ‘I don’t like it’.

1 Like

Nightborne Warlocks would, using your chart anyway, as would blood elves.

Again, we are not talking about classes here. We’re talking about Races.

If the topic was “No more elf classes” then you would have a point.

But classes say something about the races that can use said class. There is a reason that Night Elves can’t be Warlocks… They show what a race is willing to do/not do morally.

As much as I can agree that there are a ton of elf races already, the high elf justice warriors will never quit posting until they are in the game. Maybe adding them will free general discussion from their tyranny.

More elf races!
We already have basically more humans (Humans. Short Human. Midget Human Undead Human, Sea Humans. aka Dwarf, Gnome, Forsaken, and Kul’Tiras,). You can give them a different size but they still look human.

I mean…for real.

1 Like

Let them. They are fighting a losing battle. Because, as I’ve stated a gazillion times, the Horde already has High Elves.

Actually, I said we have enough Elves, not too many. And I have absolutely no idea what point you are trying to make with the rest of your post.

1 Like

When you realize that the elves of Azeroth are in fact Mutated Trolls, and that the lore heavily hints that there is one other player race that descended from trolls. Goblins, the lore states that Mimron experimenting with Kaja’mite made Goblins from a tribe near Ulduar. Which strongly hints that Goblins were trolls changed by a Titan Keeper Gnome into something more Gnomelike, fits with everything about them.

In my count we have:

2 Pure Troll Races
4 Mutated troll races “Elves”
1 possible Troll race “Goblins”

That means 7 out of the 22 races are Troll races.

Of the Remaining Races:

Titan Races of Azeroth:

Human Tribes:
Stormwind (Human)
Lordaeron (Forsaken)
Gilneas (Worgen)
Kul Tiras (Kul Tiran)

Dwarf tribes:
Iron Forge
Dark Iron

Gnomes

Mutated by Titan Technology
Panderan

and 2 Tauren Tribes:
Thunder Bluff
High Mountain

Aliens:

2 types of Orcs:
Green Orcs
Mag’har Orcs

and last two types of space goats:
Draenei
Light Forge Draenei

so in short:

7 Troll races
7 Titan races
2 cow races
4 Aliens

I was referring to playable Elf races.

Yes, but since elves are trolls, you have to consider that as well.