No more chosen one BS

Stop it with that nonsense.

The story should be about the main characters of the warcraft universe. We should be one of many adventurers who is helping our faction deal with problems while the world around us plays out. Our efforts, along with everyone else’s, should empower our faction, and thus faction leaders, to do stuff.

BFA should have had us focusing more on the challenges of an actual war: protecting supply chains, gathering materials for troops, sending messages between warfronts, maintaining and breaking sieges, etc.

WotLK was perfect at this. Go back to that in Shadowlands, PLEASE.

15 Likes

How do you turn a blind eye to someone that has literally saved the world how many times now?

8 Likes

The canon should be that you didn’t actually do any of those things.

5 Likes

That’s lame. Very lame.

1 Like

Go play FF14 if you want to be a furry chosen one.

8 Likes

So we retcon everything after WotlK?

3 Likes

Nope. Im playing WoW, and I like it the way it is. IDC if you don’t like being called champion, i would rather be the main character and experience more interesting story lines.

5 Likes

I remember the start of WotLK, where my character was allowed to jump to the head of the line because of my past exploits.

8 Likes

If you follow the lore you’d realize you aren’t that special in FF14 XD

Saying anymore than that is spoilery. But yeah, we’ve been humbled.

1 Like
2 Likes

I dunno, I’m generally good with loot/achievements/transmogs/mounts/other collectibles rewarding me for my deeds.

Don’t really feel the need for NPCs to bow or kneel to me or call me by titles, that actually got kind of annoying in WoD.

But it’s not really a big deal to me either.

Also can’t hear Magni call me “champion” without thinking of this:

3 Likes

the chosen one can of worms has already been opened, closing it in a satisfying way would take such extremely good and complex writing that I’m not sure many writers could properly do it.

after all, how would you write in a satisfying way goku no longer being the main character of DBZ for example.

Unless we actually die to get to Shadowlands

“Go play another game if you don’t want WoW to change how it is to become a game I personally want”

8 Likes

The flopped MMO WildStar had an excellent redeeming quality in that there was more than one way to interact with the game world.

Players could choose entirely different ways of advancing their own story, whether it was traditional combat missions, exploration missions, settlement building, or scientific ventures.

WoW could benefit from experimenting with this formula, not everyone wants to do fetch quests with Magni going on and on about dumb planet nonsense , it’s becoming dated and boring development.

Yup, that’s us. Slayer of titans, gods, and legends. Kingslayer. Dragonslayer. Champion of Legionfall. Highlords, High Priests, Deathlords all.

4 Likes

yes I dont like being the chosen one, also why is Nathanos so mean to me? :frowning: I mean it makes no sense I was the wielder of Apocalypse after all…

He was bullied as a child.

3 Likes

Weird you say this, did you actually play Wotlk? some people were chosen by the Lich King himself and raised as his champions to lead the scourge, also at the end of the expansion it was revealed he was actually testing us so we could all be his champions