No mo’ fomo

For me, idc about the rewards but I wish the old M+ seasons were available as legacy content. Like you could go solo smash a 17 freehold with whatever bfa affixes you pick. Or you and your friends could stay at level 50 and just do old M+.

2 Likes

You can’t design fomo or fotm out of the game. You also can’t also force people to play your game to get the cool new shiny thing. It psychologically backwards.

I consider all mogs/things/events a bonus. It’s there if I want. Or if I want to insanely grind 10 M+ a day for KSM and power rewards that’s there for me too. I don’t need to. I could have moved on to an alt by now… or focused on doing the fated raids, I got addicted tho.

As you wish.

There’s nothing wrong with less than 1% of COSMETICS being fomo as it gives a reason to support and play the game during that time. There’s literally thousands of other transmog options and hundreds of other mounts you can choose from.

God forbid someone has an unobtainable appearence they worked for that turns a few heads (and if everyone gets it, it simply won’t have that same affect. For example judgement and bloodfang gear).

7 Likes

The only change to the “FOMO” features would be thresholds certain expansion features. If someone is 98% done on their [insert 2 year long grind] then they should be able to keep progressing so long as they keep the relevant quest and items on that character.

Everything else should stay as it has always been: sold to us directly how it is billed on the tin. If you want KSM or the slime cat you have plenty of time to do it.

I grew up with someone full of pride. It turns me off. I think you’re a weak minded person to need validation from other humans.

We don’t own anything in the game. Someone wrote “turning heads”. My god. It just turns me off. That’s all I got

6 Likes

Whilst this is true to an exent, I believe the game would benefit even more by having a compromise. FOMO rewards would still retain the vast majority of their prestige if people could still obtain them after the fact but with some sort of grind path. Basically like how the old pvp season mounts are still obtainable now by grinding passed rated cap.

The game needs newer players just as much as its older ones, and it’s a waste to lock away all that dev time spent.

6 Likes

Exclusive things are neat. Unobtainable though is lame. You can make things difficult to obtain, making them exclusive, without removing them entirely.

8 Likes

I’m not full of pride lmao, check my profile,I don’t have hardly any limited time items. I’m a casual player who spends 90% of his time running legacy content for mounts and transmogs. Daring to defend people who want their limited time items doesn’t make you weak minded. I strongly feel like you don’t understand WOW at all. It’s built around chasing achievements, transmogs, rare items, and most importantly, end game content. If we don’t do the end game content, why do we deserve the items? What’s the point of running it then? To me it seems like if that turns you off, you’re in the wrong game. They’re not gonna change it for you. Weak minded would be you not being able to handle others having something you don’t. If as you say, you don’t care about these items, then why do you want them? It’s not me being mean or attacking you, this is how games work these days.

I don’t think you’re being mean to me. If I want something in the game, I’ll go after it.

I think fomo is stupid, dumb and a popular business tactic to get that chedda.

Someone wrote “turning heads” and I’ve seen ppl write to be “eXClUsIvE”. It’s disgusts me and it is weak minded. They’re wanting validation and ooohhs and ahhhs from other ppl.

5 Likes

This right here. Exclusive, okay. But don’t take it away. Let everyone have the chance.

Could also be neat to cycle some things in rotation; lots of people missed out with challenge mode, could be fun to have similar challenges revived annually. Let it be a feat of strength for having done it in it’s time, so those who got it originally get credited for it.

But I know tons of people love those seniors armors (they’re cool)

1 Like

what does this mean

people sub all the time withot being able to complete a season

pick a different argument cuz this aint

5 Likes

A perfect example of this is the new mage tower. Legion did it wrong by making it FOMO. Fast forward to mage tower 2.0 and now even though the reward is completely different, it’s obtainable at any time. Of course I can’t get the mage book mount because I’m garbage. But those skilled enough can. And I can drool over them. Who knows, eventually I may even try to get it. Perhaps even succeed. Isn’t that way better than just flat out telling people “tough patootie”? That just feels bad.

1 Like

I’ve been subbed for approx 7-8 months of the year every year since jan 2005. I’ve missed out on tons of stuff. Primarily due to skill and/or unable to be in a guild good enough to do high end content. Some stuff I didn’t miss due to finding a good enough guild that would later break up. Time gated content that is gone forever at the end is lame. You can simply make the grind harder / longer with lower drop rates or higher requirements.

1 Like

if the game didn’t get worse and worse every season something like this would be possible

but a season like unchained being 10,000 gladiators and 7% (basically 8-10x) or whatever rewarding a mount that actually mattered would be reaaaaaally stupid

esp when things like bfa rmpal or sl retwar exist unchecked

This is the perfect example. You’re dead on. You can simply cap peoples item level thus artificially rendering the achievement harder. You could do the same for PvP. You could have a “challenge” NPC where you turn on a handicap and it drops your iLvL by 20, but you could gain older rewards. IDK just spitballin

I get it. It keeps people playing though, and all Blizzard cares about is how many people are playing for how long. I don’t mind limited time items though, I rarely chase em. I do show off my mount collection though. Not to brag so much, I’m just glad I got it and many are nice to look at. I’ve made a lot of friends flexing a mount, and then helping whoever asks where I got it go get it. I don’t have an answer for a fix, people would flip out if they started making that stuff obtainable. The only option I can see working is maybe put some of these items on the black market auction house, which basically sells items you can’t get anymore, minus a few MOP items.

1 Like

BMAH is… idk. I like the idea. Reality is you need an absurd amount of gold to get anything really valuable, like T3 warrior. You sit waiting for it to appear. Bid max immediately, and hope you bid first. That to me is worse than making is obtainable but difficult to get. Anyone can shove endless real dollars into tokens to cap gold.

1 Like

ya which is why “if you dont support the game you dont deserve reward” argument is bunk because you can support the game and miss out

fomo is trash and awful and needs to go away

2 Likes

I mean, context, I might show a friend some cheap Halloween decorations I just bought or send a pic of my dog. That isn’t bragging tho right?

I’m just saying well, what I already wrote many times. It’s just sad to me